Island focus: Soldier killed trying to rescue a woman
The Jakarta Post
A member of the Indonesian Military (TNI) was found dead in the Manggar River, Balikpapan, East Kalimantan, after trying to save a 16-year-old girl who reportedly attempted to commit suicide.
The search-and-rescue operation team found Pvt. Khairul Anam on Friday night about 139 meters from the popular Manggar Bridge, from which he jumped to rescue the girl, identified only as Eka, who died ...
- Rizieq wants to go home after being questioned in Saudi
- 'Wiro Sableng 212' strives to define Indonesian films
- Golkar to announce candidates for 2018 regional elections this month
- SEA Games Malaysia: Agus Prayogo wins men’s marathon silver
- Anambas Islands to finish airport expansion in September
- Jokowi signs election bill into law
- SM Entertainment releases statement over Taeyeon's airport incident
- Lombok to host Ampenan Old Town Cultural Festival
- Aceh highlights traditional cuisine to promote halal tourism
- Prison expansion sought to solve overcrowding problem