Island focus: Soldier killed trying to rescue a woman
The Jakarta Post
A member of the Indonesian Military (TNI) was found dead in the Manggar River, Balikpapan, East Kalimantan, after trying to save a 16-year-old girl who reportedly attempted to commit suicide.
The search-and-rescue operation team found Pvt. Khairul Anam on Friday night about 139 meters from the popular Manggar Bridge, from which he jumped to rescue the girl, identified only as Eka, who died ...
- Indonesian magician The Sacred Riana is crowned winner of Asia's Got Talent Season 2
- Yogyakarta airport developers warned not to ‘steal’ people’s land
- In first, SpaceX launches recycled rocket and spaceship
- 2 killed, 7 injured in Java quake: Agency
- Foundation documents culinary heritage via smartphone app
- Oil and gas lifting to fall slightly short of target
- Police arrest doctor for alleged hate speech against TNI chief
- Jakarta transportation operators to rejuvenate fleets
- H&M says to close more stores as customers go online
- Saudi women will also be allowed to drive motorcycles