Jakarta to hold low key celebration for 490th anniversary
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta will mark its 490th year this week, yet the capital seems too old to party, as the city administration will not hold any massive festivals to celebrate its big day, which falls within the Ramadhan fasting month.
Like his predecessor, former Jakarta governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama, the newly inaugurated Jakarta Governor Djarot Saiful Hidayat will only carry out a low key b...
- Teacher charged with child abuse for slapping students
- Garuda Indonesia's Kartini Flight features all-female pilots, cabin crew, groundcrew
- School accuses travel agency of fraud
- Indonesia considers joining TPP-11
- North Korea's Kim promises no more nuclear or missile tests
- Ants that 'explode' to fight foes discovered on Borneo
- Janelle Monae plans dystopian film to accompany album
- Bootleg liquor claims more lives in Bekasi
- The charm of Disney on Ice
- New York to ban cars from Manhattan's Central Park