Jakarta to hold low key celebration for 490th anniversary
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta will mark its 490th year this week, yet the capital seems too old to party, as the city administration will not hold any massive festivals to celebrate its big day, which falls within the Ramadhan fasting month.
Like his predecessor, former Jakarta governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama, the newly inaugurated Jakarta Governor Djarot Saiful Hidayat will only carry out a low key b...
- Agnez Mo announces collaboration with Chris Brown
- Flights to Bali fall by 30 percent: Inaca
- Apartment construction work blamed for floods in Central Jakarta
- Thousands of passengers stuck as ‘angkot’ drivers strike
- Five cadets found guilty of murder
- Garuda Indonesia signs 10-year contract extension with GMF
- Setya's pretrial hearing adjourned until Thursday
- Grab, Paytren sign business deal
- Garcia Marquez archive now accessible online
- Setya says he has been 'suffering from diarrhea' during hearing