Jakarta to hold low key celebration for 490th anniversary
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta will mark its 490th year this week, yet the capital seems too old to party, as the city administration will not hold any massive festivals to celebrate its big day, which falls within the Ramadhan fasting month.
Like his predecessor, former Jakarta governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama, the newly inaugurated Jakarta Governor Djarot Saiful Hidayat will only carry out a low key b...
- Commentary: Another side of the elderly: You reap what you sow
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Empty Jakarta during Idul Fitri serves as Instagrammable photo opportunity
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- One dead, five wounded in Malmo shooting: police
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan dies aged 62
- BREAKING: Boat with 80 passengers capsizes in Lake Toba
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Trump wants to dominate space, Moon and Mars