Jakarta to hold low key celebration for 490th anniversary
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta will mark its 490th year this week, yet the capital seems too old to party, as the city administration will not hold any massive festivals to celebrate its big day, which falls within the Ramadhan fasting month.
Like his predecessor, former Jakarta governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama, the newly inaugurated Jakarta Governor Djarot Saiful Hidayat will only carry out a low key b...
- Indonesian firm to construct coal port in Vietnam
- No flight attendants in bikinis for Vietjet’s upcoming route
- Indonesia needs to realize its sharia economy potential
- Russia offers nuke power to Indonesia
- Almonds help rid body of bad cholesterol
- All Germany's gold returned from French vaults
- Foo Fighters’ Taylor Hawkins: Computer-made pop music is depressing
- South Africa's first online rhino horn auction set to open
- Trade Ministry, Eximbank to boost financing for exporters
- Nike bazaar ends in chaos on Tuesday