National scene: Govt vows to build 60 bridges for villages
The Jakarta Post
The central government has targeted building 60 iron suspension bridges to improve access in mountainous villages across the country.
The government, which has been pushing to close the infrastructure gap between urban areas and remote regions, has built 10 hanging bridges in Banten and four in Magelang, Central Java, since 2015, but Papua and Sulawesi are still in dire need of hanging brid...
- Indonesian firm to construct coal port in Vietnam
- No flight attendants in bikinis for Vietjet’s upcoming route
- Indonesia needs to realize its sharia economy potential
- Almonds help rid body of bad cholesterol
- All Germany's gold returned from French vaults
- Russia offers nuke power to Indonesia
- Trade Ministry, Eximbank to boost financing for exporters
- Nike bazaar ends in chaos on Tuesday
- Foo Fighters’ Taylor Hawkins: Computer-made pop music is depressing
- South Africa's first online rhino horn auction set to open