National scene: Govt vows to build 60 bridges for villages
The Jakarta Post
The central government has targeted building 60 iron suspension bridges to improve access in mountainous villages across the country.
The government, which has been pushing to close the infrastructure gap between urban areas and remote regions, has built 10 hanging bridges in Banten and four in Magelang, Central Java, since 2015, but Papua and Sulawesi are still in dire need of hanging brid...
- Pertamina renewable investment portion to reach 15 percent by 2030
- Construction of Central Jakarta Police headquarters to begin in April
- Google Assistant adds more languages in global push
- Apple plans upgrades to popular AirPods headphones
- What to watch for in gadgets, deals from the biggest mobile show
- Death toll in Syria enclave tops 500 after UN delays truce vote
- Bogor reduces more than 5 tons of waste a day
- Deputy governor Perry Warjiyo nominated to head Bank Indonesia
- Hopeful travelers line up overnight for flight promotions
- Three bombs hit capital of Myanmar's Rakhine state