National scene: Govt vows to build 60 bridges for villages
The Jakarta Post
The central government has targeted building 60 iron suspension bridges to improve access in mountainous villages across the country.
The government, which has been pushing to close the infrastructure gap between urban areas and remote regions, has built 10 hanging bridges in Banten and four in Magelang, Central Java, since 2015, but Papua and Sulawesi are still in dire need of hanging brid...
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash