National scene: Govt vows to build 60 bridges for villages
The Jakarta Post
The central government has targeted building 60 iron suspension bridges to improve access in mountainous villages across the country.
The government, which has been pushing to close the infrastructure gap between urban areas and remote regions, has built 10 hanging bridges in Banten and four in Magelang, Central Java, since 2015, but Papua and Sulawesi are still in dire need of hanging brid...
- Commentary: Another side of the elderly: You reap what you sow
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Empty Jakarta during Idul Fitri serves as Instagrammable photo opportunity
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- One dead, five wounded in Malmo shooting: police
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan dies aged 62
- BREAKING: Boat with 80 passengers capsizes in Lake Toba
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Trump wants to dominate space, Moon and Mars