National scene: Govt vows to build 60 bridges for villages
The Jakarta Post
The central government has targeted building 60 iron suspension bridges to improve access in mountainous villages across the country.
The government, which has been pushing to close the infrastructure gap between urban areas and remote regions, has built 10 hanging bridges in Banten and four in Magelang, Central Java, since 2015, but Papua and Sulawesi are still in dire need of hanging brid...
- Teacher charged with child abuse for slapping students
- Garuda Indonesia's Kartini Flight features all-female pilots, cabin crew, groundcrew
- School accuses travel agency of fraud
- Indonesia considers joining TPP-11
- North Korea's Kim promises no more nuclear or missile tests
- Ants that 'explode' to fight foes discovered on Borneo
- Janelle Monae plans dystopian film to accompany album
- Bootleg liquor claims more lives in Bekasi
- The charm of Disney on Ice
- New York to ban cars from Manhattan's Central Park