Island focus: Village heads arrested over gambling
The Jakarta Post
Police in Aceh arrested nine alleged gamblers — including two village heads and a village official — at a food stall in Blang Raya village in Lhokseumawe, on Saturday.
Comr. Ahzan, coordinator of Lhokseumawe Police’s so-called star team, said the arrests were based on reports from nearby residents, who claimed the food stall had doubled as a gambling den.
“The team [approache...
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- NGO sues Indonesian government over Ahmadiyah persecution
- Bumi Resources finally obtains effective statement to restructure debt
- Guard allows theft of prison van, multiple collisions follow
- Digital tourist center now open in Soekarno-Hatta’s Terminal 3
- South Sulawesi to host Bira Beach Run
- Police to question media mogul Hary Tanoe as suspect in alleged threat against prosecutor
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- No serious issues during this year’s Idul Fitri exodus: Police
- Sandiaga opposes expanding motorcycle ban to more Jakarta thoroughfares