Island focus: Village heads arrested over gambling
The Jakarta Post
Police in Aceh arrested nine alleged gamblers — including two village heads and a village official — at a food stall in Blang Raya village in Lhokseumawe, on Saturday.
Comr. Ahzan, coordinator of Lhokseumawe Police’s so-called star team, said the arrests were based on reports from nearby residents, who claimed the food stall had doubled as a gambling den.
“The team [approache...
- Another phreatic eruption reported at Mt. Merapi
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- Global warming may have 'devastating' effects on rice: Study
- BTS’ new album shows what truly matters
- Amnesty highlights sex
- Macron in Russia for high
- Gun control support fades three months after Florida massacre: Poll
- China fines Muji for packaging that lists Taiwan as a country
- Women paid more than men for same job in Indonesia: Global survey
- Scientists discover how breast cancer hibernates: Study