Student arrested for holding ex-girlfriend captive
The Jakarta Post
Depok Police have arrested a man for kidnapping his former girlfriend for 10 hours and stealing from her.
Depok Police spokesperson Adj. Sr. Comr. Rahmaningtyas said the police caught the accused, Febranata Alexander Titaley, 20, at his uncle’s house in Medan, North Sumatra, on Wednesday after hunting for him for more than a month.
Febranata, who is a university student, allegedly held his former girlfriend, NN, at a rented apartment on Jl. Margonda for 10 hours in May after she refused to return to him. The 20-year-old was set free when police stormed the building.
The woman's captor ran away from the scene, taking her bracelet with him.
Rahmaningtyas said the police are slapping multiple charges on the student, including for kidnapping and stealing with violence. He would also be charged with the Pornography Law and the the Electronic Information and Transactions (ITE) Law for allegedly distributing intimate photos of him and NN through her social media accounts.
"Investigators are still looking for evidence related to the pornography and ITE Law offenses,” she said on Friday as quoted by tribunnews.com.
When police went to arrest Febranata in Medan, he allegedly denied he was the man they were hunting. Police claim he hid in a bathroom and said that his name was Bram. (wit)
- Beware the dangers of pre-cooked meals
- Korean comedy-drama sparks uproar for 'disrespecting Islam'
- 4 cities in Indonesia where you can travel by foot
- Another cargo plane skids off runway in Papua
- WhatsApp adds Picture-in-Picture feature on Android 8.0
- Six ITB students injured by crumbling pillar
- Wonderful Indonesia Festival 2017 to grace Manila
- Foreign tourists flocked to Penyengat Island Festival 2017
- Jember crowned Indonesia's Carnival City
- Danilo completes Man City move