Ostapenko into first Wimbledon quarterfinal
Jelena Ostapenko advanced to her first Wimbledon quarter-final as the French Open champion finally converted her eighth match point to defeat Elina Svitolina 6-3, 7-6 (8/6) on Monday.
Latvian 13th seed Ostapenko, the 2014 junior Wimbledon champion, squandered seven match points in the second set before eventually seeing off the Ukrainian world number five to make just her second last eight appearance at a major.
The 20-year-old, whose triumph in Paris last month made her only the third player born in the 1990s to win a Grand Slam, faces five-time Wimbledon winner Venus Williams or Croatian teenager Ana Konjuh for a place in the semi-finals.
- Airport trains no longer have single fare
- Average British dinner lasts 21 minutes: survey
- Electronic parking meters on Jl Sabang to be reactivated
- Satpol PP officer dies after being hit by airport train
- Twitter says Russia-linked accounts more widespread
- Tom Petty died of accidental overdose: family