Ostapenko into first Wimbledon quarterfinal
Jelena Ostapenko advanced to her first Wimbledon quarter-final as the French Open champion finally converted her eighth match point to defeat Elina Svitolina 6-3, 7-6 (8/6) on Monday.
Latvian 13th seed Ostapenko, the 2014 junior Wimbledon champion, squandered seven match points in the second set before eventually seeing off the Ukrainian world number five to make just her second last eight appearance at a major.
The 20-year-old, whose triumph in Paris last month made her only the third player born in the 1990s to win a Grand Slam, faces five-time Wimbledon winner Venus Williams or Croatian teenager Ana Konjuh for a place in the semi-finals.
- TV program under fire for showing protected giant clam being cooked
- Group touts Susi Pudjiastuti as Jokowi’s running mate
- New rule no 'carte blanche' for foreign workers: Minister
- Kate, wife of UK's Prince William, taken to hospital to give birth to third child
- Mitsubishi, Honda introduce special edition cars at IIMS
- Government issues revised regulation on tax holidays
- Palm oil exports fall by 14% in February: Gapki
- EDITORIAL: When interests collide
- Astra's financing wing to issue global bond in second half
- Indonesian-made messaging app Callind launches in Jakarta