Jakarta councilors to discuss bylaw on allowance increase
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Legislative Council members will continue to discuss a bylaw on financial rights and the authority of city councilors, which stipulates, among others things, increases to their allowances, even though this is not included in the 2017 Jakarta legislation program (Prolegda).
Jakarta Council Deputy Speaker Merry Hotma said the deliberation was urgent and needed to be immediately addressed.
Merry said she based her argumentation on Bylaw No. 10/2013 on bylaw issuance, which allows council members to discuss the deliberation of a certain regulation if it is deemed urgent.
The bylaw the council aims to discuss is the implementation of Government Regulation (PP) No.18/2017 on financial authority and the administration of regional council leaders and members.
Under PP No. 18, each local administration is allowed to implement financial-related policies by establishing a bylaw.
Merry said the time allocated to create the bylaw was only three months from the issuance of PP No.18 in June.
"The deliberation [of the bylaw] is urgent and important. PP No.18 only permits three months for its deliberation,” she said. (ebf)
- Residents near Mt. Agung begin to relocate their livestock
- G30S/PKI film is the correct version of history: Tommy Soeharto
- Uber tops 500,000 signatures on petition to halt London ban
- Keep calm and enjoy Bali: Tourism association
- Wiranto calms fear over weapon shipment rumor
- Owner of Islamic matchmaking site arrested, charged under Pornography Law
- Thousands flee rumbling Mount Agung
- Gatot order on PKI film could create division: PDI-P
- Singapore IS fighter challenges Prince Harry in video
- ‘Unicorn Gundam’ illuminated, dazzles in official unveiling