Jakarta councilors to discuss bylaw on allowance increase
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Legislative Council members will continue to discuss a bylaw on financial rights and the authority of city councilors, which stipulates, among others things, increases to their allowances, even though this is not included in the 2017 Jakarta legislation program (Prolegda).
Jakarta Council Deputy Speaker Merry Hotma said the deliberation was urgent and needed to be immediately addressed.
Merry said she based her argumentation on Bylaw No. 10/2013 on bylaw issuance, which allows council members to discuss the deliberation of a certain regulation if it is deemed urgent.
The bylaw the council aims to discuss is the implementation of Government Regulation (PP) No.18/2017 on financial authority and the administration of regional council leaders and members.
Under PP No. 18, each local administration is allowed to implement financial-related policies by establishing a bylaw.
Merry said the time allocated to create the bylaw was only three months from the issuance of PP No.18 in June.
"The deliberation [of the bylaw] is urgent and important. PP No.18 only permits three months for its deliberation,” she said. (ebf)
- Beware the dangers of pre-cooked meals
- Korean comedy-drama sparks uproar for 'disrespecting Islam'
- 4 cities in Indonesia where you can travel by foot
- Another cargo plane skids off runway in Papua
- WhatsApp adds Picture-in-Picture feature on Android 8.0
- Six ITB students injured by crumbling pillar
- Wonderful Indonesia Festival 2017 to grace Manila
- Foreign tourists flocked to Penyengat Island Festival 2017
- Jember crowned Indonesia's Carnival City
- Danilo completes Man City move