Man involved in fatal robbery surrenders to police
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
A man allegedly involved in an armed robbery that resulted in the death of Italia Chandra Kirana, 22, in Karawaci, Tangerang, on June 12, has turned himself in after his partner in crime, identified only as Saiful, was shot dead by the police on Sunday.
The man, identified by his initials MAN, was captured on CCTV footage taken near the crime scene.
In the footage, he is seen riding a motorcycle to flee the location after Saiful shoots Italia.
“He was afraid by our statement in mass media outlets, where we said we would act firmly against him if he did not surrender," the Jakarta Police’s general crimes director Sr. Comr. Rudy Harianto Adi Nugroho said on Tuesday.
As reported earlier, the police killed Saiful in South Lampung after he resisted arrest and attempted to shoot police officers.
Italia was shot in the chest after attacking the two men with a broomstick when she caught them attempting to steal her motorcycle at her house.
Italia was taken to Sari Asih Hospital in Tangerang but was pronounced dead upon her arrival at the hospital. (ebf)
- Metro TV fires reporter connected to Setya
- Japan proposes to build new tracks for Jakarta-Surabaya railway: Minister
- End nears for Mugabe as ruling party turns against him
- Online exhibit shows hidden depths of Picasso's 'Guernica'
- Tourism Ministry to focus on developing four New Balis next year
- Commentary: Stop making jokes about Setya. It's not funny anymore.
- Macron's popularity recovers as French see him keeping promises
- Boxer knocks out rival in 11 seconds
- UK aims for driverless cars by 2021
- Germany in political crisis as coalition talks collapse