Man involved in fatal robbery surrenders to police
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
A man allegedly involved in an armed robbery that resulted in the death of Italia Chandra Kirana, 22, in Karawaci, Tangerang, on June 12, has turned himself in after his partner in crime, identified only as Saiful, was shot dead by the police on Sunday.
The man, identified by his initials MAN, was captured on CCTV footage taken near the crime scene.
In the footage, he is seen riding a motorcycle to flee the location after Saiful shoots Italia.
“He was afraid by our statement in mass media outlets, where we said we would act firmly against him if he did not surrender," the Jakarta Police’s general crimes director Sr. Comr. Rudy Harianto Adi Nugroho said on Tuesday.
As reported earlier, the police killed Saiful in South Lampung after he resisted arrest and attempted to shoot police officers.
Italia was shot in the chest after attacking the two men with a broomstick when she caught them attempting to steal her motorcycle at her house.
Italia was taken to Sari Asih Hospital in Tangerang but was pronounced dead upon her arrival at the hospital. (ebf)
- Beware the dangers of pre-cooked meals
- Korean comedy-drama sparks uproar for 'disrespecting Islam'
- 4 cities in Indonesia where you can travel by foot
- Another cargo plane skids off runway in Papua
- WhatsApp adds Picture-in-Picture feature on Android 8.0
- Six ITB students injured by crumbling pillar
- Wonderful Indonesia Festival 2017 to grace Manila
- Foreign tourists flocked to Penyengat Island Festival 2017
- Jember crowned Indonesia's Carnival City
- Danilo completes Man City move