Jakarta's transit projects on track: Djarot
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Governor Djarot Saiful Hidayat has ensured President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo that the city administration will complete several mass transportation projects, including the commuter line, the MRT and the Light Rail Transit (LRT).
The city’s commitment was conveyed during a meeting at the State Palace on Tuesday.
“Jokowi said the LRT, MRT and commuter line networks should be integrated,” Djarot said on Wednesday as quoted by kompas.com.
Djarot said the city administration would also reach out to transportation networks throughout Greater Jakarta to form a more cohesive system.
For example, the LRT in the inner-city could be integrated into LRT lines serving routes in Greater Jakarta.
“The LRT [serving Greater Jakarta] will be integrated with the LRT from Kelapa Gading to Rawamangun, so that transportation in Jakarta will be seamless,” Djarot said.
Djarot added that the MRT and LRT would be ready for a trial run in August 2018. (cal/wit)
- Residents near Mt. Agung begin to relocate their livestock
- G30S/PKI film is the correct version of history: Tommy Soeharto
- Uber tops 500,000 signatures on petition to halt London ban
- Keep calm and enjoy Bali: Tourism association
- Wiranto calms fear over weapon shipment rumor
- Owner of Islamic matchmaking site arrested, charged under Pornography Law
- Thousands flee rumbling Mount Agung
- Gatot order on PKI film could create division: PDI-P
- Singapore IS fighter challenges Prince Harry in video
- ‘Unicorn Gundam’ illuminated, dazzles in official unveiling