Jakarta's transit projects on track: Djarot
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Governor Djarot Saiful Hidayat has ensured President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo that the city administration will complete several mass transportation projects, including the commuter line, the MRT and the Light Rail Transit (LRT).
The city’s commitment was conveyed during a meeting at the State Palace on Tuesday.
“Jokowi said the LRT, MRT and commuter line networks should be integrated,” Djarot said on Wednesday as quoted by kompas.com.
Djarot said the city administration would also reach out to transportation networks throughout Greater Jakarta to form a more cohesive system.
For example, the LRT in the inner-city could be integrated into LRT lines serving routes in Greater Jakarta.
“The LRT [serving Greater Jakarta] will be integrated with the LRT from Kelapa Gading to Rawamangun, so that transportation in Jakarta will be seamless,” Djarot said.
Djarot added that the MRT and LRT would be ready for a trial run in August 2018. (cal/wit)
- TV program under fire for showing protected giant clam being cooked
- Group touts Susi Pudjiastuti as Jokowi’s running mate
- New rule no 'carte blanche' for foreign workers: Minister
- Kate, wife of UK's Prince William, taken to hospital to give birth to third child
- Mitsubishi, Honda introduce special edition cars at IIMS
- Government issues revised regulation on tax holidays
- Palm oil exports fall by 14% in February: Gapki
- EDITORIAL: When interests collide
- Astra's financing wing to issue global bond in second half
- Indonesian-made messaging app Callind launches in Jakarta