Jakarta's transit projects on track: Djarot
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Governor Djarot Saiful Hidayat has ensured President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo that the city administration will complete several mass transportation projects, including the commuter line, the MRT and the Light Rail Transit (LRT).
The city’s commitment was conveyed during a meeting at the State Palace on Tuesday.
“Jokowi said the LRT, MRT and commuter line networks should be integrated,” Djarot said on Wednesday as quoted by kompas.com.
Djarot said the city administration would also reach out to transportation networks throughout Greater Jakarta to form a more cohesive system.
For example, the LRT in the inner-city could be integrated into LRT lines serving routes in Greater Jakarta.
“The LRT [serving Greater Jakarta] will be integrated with the LRT from Kelapa Gading to Rawamangun, so that transportation in Jakarta will be seamless,” Djarot said.
Djarot added that the MRT and LRT would be ready for a trial run in August 2018. (cal/wit)
- Metro TV fires reporter connected to Setya
- Japan proposes to build new tracks for Jakarta-Surabaya railway: Minister
- End nears for Mugabe as ruling party turns against him
- Online exhibit shows hidden depths of Picasso's 'Guernica'
- Tourism Ministry to focus on developing four New Balis next year
- Commentary: Stop making jokes about Setya. It's not funny anymore.
- Macron's popularity recovers as French see him keeping promises
- Boxer knocks out rival in 11 seconds
- UK aims for driverless cars by 2021
- Germany in political crisis as coalition talks collapse