Jakarta's transit projects on track: Djarot
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Governor Djarot Saiful Hidayat has ensured President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo that the city administration will complete several mass transportation projects, including the commuter line, the MRT and the Light Rail Transit (LRT).
The city’s commitment was conveyed during a meeting at the State Palace on Tuesday.
“Jokowi said the LRT, MRT and commuter line networks should be integrated,” Djarot said on Wednesday as quoted by kompas.com.
Djarot said the city administration would also reach out to transportation networks throughout Greater Jakarta to form a more cohesive system.
For example, the LRT in the inner-city could be integrated into LRT lines serving routes in Greater Jakarta.
“The LRT [serving Greater Jakarta] will be integrated with the LRT from Kelapa Gading to Rawamangun, so that transportation in Jakarta will be seamless,” Djarot said.
Djarot added that the MRT and LRT would be ready for a trial run in August 2018. (cal/wit)
- Beware the dangers of pre-cooked meals
- Korean comedy-drama sparks uproar for 'disrespecting Islam'
- 4 cities in Indonesia where you can travel by foot
- Another cargo plane skids off runway in Papua
- WhatsApp adds Picture-in-Picture feature on Android 8.0
- Six ITB students injured by crumbling pillar
- Wonderful Indonesia Festival 2017 to grace Manila
- Foreign tourists flocked to Penyengat Island Festival 2017
- Jember crowned Indonesia's Carnival City
- Danilo completes Man City move