Police arrest two people who allegedly attacked IT expert
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
The Depok Police have arrested two men who allegedly attacked telecommunications expert Hermansyah at the Jogorawi toll in East Jakarta on Sunday.
Those are Edwin Hitipeuw, 37, and Lauren Paliyama, 31, both debt collectors, who were arrested on Jl. Dewi Sartika in Depok, West Java, on Wednesday.
At the time of the arrest, they were on their way to Sawangan, Depok, after trying to hide in the Honda City and Toyota Yaris cars they used while attacking Hermansyah in Bandung.
“The perpetrators were on their way from Bandung to Sawangan. We were waiting for them. When the identified car passed the road, we arrested them,” Depok Police deputy head Adj. Sr. Comr. Faizal Ramdhani said.
The perpetrators claim the attack was caused by a quarrel between them and Hermansyah after the accident.
Faizal said the Honda City drove by Edwin sideswiped Hermansyah’s car, a Toyota Avanza.
Hermansyah chased the car and then the quarrel started.
Lauren, who drove a Toyota Yaris, arrived on the scene to help Edwin.
In addition to Edwin and Lauren, the police are still trying to track down two assailants, namely Eric, 20, and Domamce, 21, who were also allegedly involved in the assault. (dmr)
- TV program under fire for showing protected giant clam being cooked
- Group touts Susi Pudjiastuti as Jokowi’s running mate
- New rule no 'carte blanche' for foreign workers: Minister
- Kate, wife of UK's Prince William, taken to hospital to give birth to third child
- Mitsubishi, Honda introduce special edition cars at IIMS
- Government issues revised regulation on tax holidays
- Palm oil exports fall by 14% in February: Gapki
- EDITORIAL: When interests collide
- Astra's financing wing to issue global bond in second half
- Indonesian-made messaging app Callind launches in Jakarta