Police arrest two people who allegedly attacked IT expert
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
The Depok Police have arrested two men who allegedly attacked telecommunications expert Hermansyah at the Jogorawi toll in East Jakarta on Sunday.
Those are Edwin Hitipeuw, 37, and Lauren Paliyama, 31, both debt collectors, who were arrested on Jl. Dewi Sartika in Depok, West Java, on Wednesday.
At the time of the arrest, they were on their way to Sawangan, Depok, after trying to hide in the Honda City and Toyota Yaris cars they used while attacking Hermansyah in Bandung.
“The perpetrators were on their way from Bandung to Sawangan. We were waiting for them. When the identified car passed the road, we arrested them,” Depok Police deputy head Adj. Sr. Comr. Faizal Ramdhani said.
The perpetrators claim the attack was caused by a quarrel between them and Hermansyah after the accident.
Faizal said the Honda City drove by Edwin sideswiped Hermansyah’s car, a Toyota Avanza.
Hermansyah chased the car and then the quarrel started.
Lauren, who drove a Toyota Yaris, arrived on the scene to help Edwin.
In addition to Edwin and Lauren, the police are still trying to track down two assailants, namely Eric, 20, and Domamce, 21, who were also allegedly involved in the assault. (dmr)
- Metro TV fires reporter connected to Setya
- Japan proposes to build new tracks for Jakarta-Surabaya railway: Minister
- End nears for Mugabe as ruling party turns against him
- Online exhibit shows hidden depths of Picasso's 'Guernica'
- Tourism Ministry to focus on developing four New Balis next year
- Commentary: Stop making jokes about Setya. It's not funny anymore.
- Macron's popularity recovers as French see him keeping promises
- Boxer knocks out rival in 11 seconds
- UK aims for driverless cars by 2021
- Germany in political crisis as coalition talks collapse