Police arrest two more suspected attackers of IT expert
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Police arrested on Thursday two more suspects who allegedly attacked Hermansyah, an IT expert who defended notorious Islamist cleric Rizieq Shihab and Rizieq’s pornographic WhatsApp conversations.
“We arrested two more suspects in Bandung,” the Jakarta Police’s violent crimes unit head Hendy F. Kurniawan said as quoted by kompas.com on Thursday.
He further said the police had confiscated a Toyota Yaris car driven by the perpetrators during the attack on Sunday.
The arrests increase the number of suspected attackers in the case to four people. The police previously nabbed two other suspects.
The suspects are Edwin Hitipeuw, Lauren Paliyam, Richard Patipelu and Erick. The police are still hunting down another suspect identified only as Domingus.
The perpetrators said the attack was caused by a quarrel between them and Hermansyah after the Honda City driven by Edwin grazed Hermansyah’s Toyota Avanza. Hermansyah chased the car and then the quarrel started.
Lauren, who drove a Toyota Yaris, arrived on the scene to help his brother Edwin and allegedly stabbed Hermansyah. Edwin also said he assaulted Hermansyah’s wife, Iriana, who was in the car with her husband.
Lauren claims that the stabbing had nothing to do with Hermansyah’s stance in Rizieq’s case. “The attack was not because of an order,” Lauren said at the Jakarta Police headquarters on Thursday. (fac/ebf)
- Beware the dangers of pre-cooked meals
- Korean comedy-drama sparks uproar for 'disrespecting Islam'
- 4 cities in Indonesia where you can travel by foot
- Another cargo plane skids off runway in Papua
- WhatsApp adds Picture-in-Picture feature on Android 8.0
- Six ITB students injured by crumbling pillar
- Wonderful Indonesia Festival 2017 to grace Manila
- Foreign tourists flocked to Penyengat Island Festival 2017
- Jember crowned Indonesia's Carnival City
- Danilo completes Man City move