Police arrest two more suspected attackers of IT expert
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Police arrested on Thursday two more suspects who allegedly attacked Hermansyah, an IT expert who defended notorious Islamist cleric Rizieq Shihab and Rizieq’s pornographic WhatsApp conversations.
“We arrested two more suspects in Bandung,” the Jakarta Police’s violent crimes unit head Hendy F. Kurniawan said as quoted by kompas.com on Thursday.
He further said the police had confiscated a Toyota Yaris car driven by the perpetrators during the attack on Sunday.
The arrests increase the number of suspected attackers in the case to four people. The police previously nabbed two other suspects.
The suspects are Edwin Hitipeuw, Lauren Paliyam, Richard Patipelu and Erick. The police are still hunting down another suspect identified only as Domingus.
The perpetrators said the attack was caused by a quarrel between them and Hermansyah after the Honda City driven by Edwin grazed Hermansyah’s Toyota Avanza. Hermansyah chased the car and then the quarrel started.
Lauren, who drove a Toyota Yaris, arrived on the scene to help his brother Edwin and allegedly stabbed Hermansyah. Edwin also said he assaulted Hermansyah’s wife, Iriana, who was in the car with her husband.
Lauren claims that the stabbing had nothing to do with Hermansyah’s stance in Rizieq’s case. “The attack was not because of an order,” Lauren said at the Jakarta Police headquarters on Thursday. (fac/ebf)
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- US Navy planning new camps to support immigration crackdown: Report
- Suspected terrorist shot dead in Pamanukan for resisting arrest
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Cuba to get ready for same sex marriage: Castro daughter
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- Civilian appointed as temporary N. Sumatra governor