KPK summons Sandiaga as witness in graft case
Ivany Atina Arbi
The Jakarta Post
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) questioned on Friday Jakarta deputy governor-elect Sandiaga Uno as a witness in a graft case related to the Udayana University hospital construction project between 2009 and 2011.
One suspect in the case is Dudung Purwadi, a former subordinate of Sandiaga, when the Gerindra Party politician was a commissioner at publicly listed developer PT Duta Graha Indah (DGI) and Dudung was president director of the company.
PT DGI has been renamed PT Nusa Konstruksi Engineering.
“Alhamdulillah [thank God], I fulfilled the KPK summons today. I provided the commission with complete information in May but they called me again,” Sandiaga said.
He arrived at the headquarters of the KPK in South Jakarta at around 10 a.m., wearing a white shirt.
Sandiaga asked the public to not connect the case with political matters.
“Don’t connect this with politics. Let’s support the KPK to root out corruption.” (kuk/wit)
- Airport trains no longer have single fare
- Average British dinner lasts 21 minutes: survey
- Electronic parking meters on Jl Sabang to be reactivated
- Satpol PP officer dies after being hit by airport train
- Twitter says Russia-linked accounts more widespread
- Tom Petty died of accidental overdose: family