East Jakarta intersection traffic diversion to ease congestion
The Jakarta Post
The Central Jakarta Transportation Agency plans to implement a traffic diversion policy along Jl. Matraman Raya and Jl. Salemba Raya in Central Jakarta because of an underpass project, which has persistently caused severe traffic congestion.
The traffic diversion trial will be applied on Thursday.
“The decision to divert traffic is to reduce congestion and buildup approaching the traffic lights in Matraman area, which has been caused by underpass construction,” said the agency’s head Harlem Simanjuntak on Monday, as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
He said that one-way traffic would be applied along Jl. Salemba Raya in the direction toward Jl. Matraman Raya. Those intending to go to Jl. Pramuka from Jl. Salemba Raya will not be affected by the diversion plan.
Motorists intending to reach Jl. Salemba Raya from Jl. Matraman Raya must turn left onto Jl. Pramuka Sari II, proceed to Jl. Proklamasi and turn right onto Jl. Diponegoro, before finally turning left to reach the desired road.
Those traveling from Jl. Diponegoro must not cross over to Jl. Salemba Raya in front of St. Carolus Hospital as usual, but can turn right directly onto Jl. Salemba Raya during the implementation of the one-way traffic policy.
Meanwhile, motorists passing over the flyover from Pulo Gadung to Jl. Pramuka Sari II will not be able to pass over the flyover leading to Jl. Salemba Raya, but should take the route leading to Jl. Proklamasi. (wnd)
- Metro TV fires reporter connected to Setya
- Japan proposes to build new tracks for Jakarta-Surabaya railway: Minister
- Tourism Ministry to focus on developing four New Balis next year
- End nears for Mugabe as ruling party turns against him
- Online exhibit shows hidden depths of Picasso's 'Guernica'
- Macron's popularity recovers as French see him keeping promises
- UK aims for driverless cars by 2021
- Boxer knocks out rival in 11 seconds
- Public Works and Public Housing Ministry to develop four Priority Destinations
- Commentary: Stop making jokes about Setya. It's not funny anymore.