Govt unperturbed by China’s response to sea’s new name
Marguerite Afra Sapiie
The Jakarta Post
Under President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo, Indonesia has taken a series of actions seen as bold moves against China’s territorial ambitions in the South China Sea (SCS).
The latest was the renaming of SCS waters that lie within Indonesia’s exclusive economic zone (EEZ) north of the Natuna Islands in Riau Islands province as the “North Natuna Sea,” which quickly triggered a response f...
- Uber, Grab to adjust with new decree
- Indonesia expects to pass data protection bill in 2018
- BI investigates use of bitcoin in Bali
- Ed Sheeran announces engagement
- Several Ukrainians among 18 dead in Taliban attack on Kabul hotel
- President Jokowi purchases custom motorcycle, boosts local businesses
- Fashion brand celebrates third anniversary by cleaning Baduy tribal areas
- Sundance debuts dark tale of triplets split at birth
- Man shot dead in night club's parking lot in Bogor
- Danny McBride to play Crocodile Dundee's son in new movie