Govt unperturbed by China’s response to sea’s new name
Marguerite Afra Sapiie
The Jakarta Post
Under President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo, Indonesia has taken a series of actions seen as bold moves against China’s territorial ambitions in the South China Sea (SCS).
The latest was the renaming of SCS waters that lie within Indonesia’s exclusive economic zone (EEZ) north of the Natuna Islands in Riau Islands province as the “North Natuna Sea,” which quickly triggered a response f...
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga
- Opposition questions Jokowi’s policy on foreign workers