Govt unperturbed by China’s response to sea’s new name
Marguerite Afra Sapiie
The Jakarta Post
Under President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo, Indonesia has taken a series of actions seen as bold moves against China’s territorial ambitions in the South China Sea (SCS).
The latest was the renaming of SCS waters that lie within Indonesia’s exclusive economic zone (EEZ) north of the Natuna Islands in Riau Islands province as the “North Natuna Sea,” which quickly triggered a response f...
- Government deregulates several policies for foreign cruise ships
- EDITORIAL: Death of free speech
- Mount Agung activity on the rise: Agency
- Government prepares Rp 94.53t in energy subsidies for next year
- Soekarno–Hatta International Airport Skytrain is officially launched
- Parent sends open letter to Jokowi, seeking justice for son’s death
- Fishermen, including from Indonesia, 'kept like slaves' in Taiwan
- Regtech, legal tech firms join forces in IRLA
- People are delusional about PKI: Law and human rights minister
- Garuda delays plan to purchase planes