National scene: Boat used to smuggle 1 ton meth caught
The Jakarta Post
National Police chief Gen. Tito Karnavian said the 11th-hour arrest of the members of an international drug syndicate that smuggled 1 ton of crystal methamphetamine into Indonesia was very alarming.
“How could they carry [the drugs] from Taiwan all the way to Anyer [in Banten] without being detected?” Tito asked in Jakarta on Sunday.
“This is a reminder to us that the monitorin...
- Government deregulates several policies for foreign cruise ships
- EDITORIAL: Death of free speech
- Mount Agung activity on the rise: Agency
- Government prepares Rp 94.53t in energy subsidies for next year
- Soekarno–Hatta International Airport Skytrain is officially launched
- Parent sends open letter to Jokowi, seeking justice for son’s death
- Fishermen, including from Indonesia, 'kept like slaves' in Taiwan
- Regtech, legal tech firms join forces in IRLA
- People are delusional about PKI: Law and human rights minister
- Garuda delays plan to purchase planes