Race to bottom breaches human rights
The UN Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (ESCR) has released its General Comment No. 24. This recent authoritative interpretation of human rights obligations of the state in the context of business activities is a significant development since the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights were adopted in 2011.
Many issues are addressed in the comment, including tra...
- Farmers use organic farming to reduce dependence on imported pesticides, fertilizers
- Indonesia to regulate domestic coal price to curb electricity costs
- Agnez Mo’s ‘Vogue US’ magazine is out
- Government halts all elevated projects
- Jakarta to receive two MRT trains in March
- Porsche Centre Jakarta: The best place to take care of your luxury cars
- Indonesia to hand over 2m ha of forest land to locals: Minister
- Could the Swedish trend of ‘plogging’ help you get fit in 2018?
- Catholic leader forgives attacker of Yogyakarta church
- Government to set new coal price formula next week