The Jakarta Post
These are some of developments we're following today:
- Following a high-profile public relations campaign by Novel Baswedan and rights activists calling for the government to get serious in its investigation into the acid attack on the top Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) investigator, National Police chief Gen. Tito is being summoned by President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo this afternoon, to discuss progress on the investigation.
- In the wake of United States Senate's decision to impose sanction on Russia for its meddling in the US election, President Vladimir Putin ordered the US to cut 755 diplomatic staff in Russia, bringing tension between the two countries to a new height. We're also following news on the diplomatic scramble following the announcement that the North Korean missiles now could reach the US. As the city prepares for the opening of the new
- Semanggi interchange, the trial run shows that motorists were experiencing problems in finding directions along the newly-constructed bridges.
- Why a few drops of water make whisky taste better
- Police question Rizieq in Saudi Arabia: Tito
- Tatjana's photo with Korean heartthrob Gong Yoo makes netizens jealous
- Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon shared message over airport incident
- Trump will resign, his ghostwriter predicts
- Government to spend Rp 404t on infrastructure projects in 2018
- South Sulawesi mayor-elect faces police questioning in Jakarta
- Singapore gets a taste of commuting chaos as trains fail
- Sri Mulyani claims tax revenue target realistic
- Status: Online, but not present