Indonesian comedian named suspect for online rant about his apartment
The Jakarta Post
Two years ago, comic Muhadkly expressed disappointment about the Green Pramuka City apartment complex on his blog.
According to his blog post, when he bought a unit in the apartment in 2013, the brochure and website of the apartment stated that 80 percent of the complex's land would be designated for green space. However, he said he felt misled upon learning that 17 towers were to be built on the space.
Muhadkly, popularly known as Acho, also complained about its parking system, which he said required residents to pay Rp 200,000 (US$15) a month for parking access to only the basement of the complex, while it supposedly costed Rp 3,000 per hour to park anywhere else.
“My suggestion is be more careful when purchasing a unit at the Green Pramuka City apartments. I don’t want you to regret it because I do," Muhadkly said in the blog post.
Eight months after the post was published, Danang Surya Winata, the lawyer of PT Duta Paramindo Sejahtera – the apartment’s developer – reported Muhadkly to the police on defamation charges under Article 27 of the Electronic and Transactions (ITE) Law, which carries a maximum sentence of 6 years' imprisonment, as well as Article 310 and Article 311 of the Criminal Code, which carries a maximum sentence of 1 year in prison and 4 months in prison, respectively.
The Jakarta Police cybercrime unit questioned Muhadkly on April 27 and named him a suspect on June 9. (wnd/wit)
- Joey Alexander’s new music video showcases the beauty of Bali
- Indonesia sees 7 brutal animal killings in 2018
- Shell eyeing Indonesia's LNG market
- UK's official Brexit campaign fined, referred to police
- A world without America
- Beijing's new airport comes with new construction tech
- Indonesia to invite Kim Jong-un, Moon Jae-in to attend Asiad
- A guide to understanding the Freeport divestment deal
- Under fire, Trump says he misspoke on Russia election meddling
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world