Indonesian comedian named suspect for online rant about his apartment
The Jakarta Post
Two years ago, comic Muhadkly expressed disappointment about the Green Pramuka City apartment complex on his blog.
According to his blog post, when he bought a unit in the apartment in 2013, the brochure and website of the apartment stated that 80 percent of the complex's land would be designated for green space. However, he said he felt misled upon learning that 17 towers were to be built on the space.
Muhadkly, popularly known as Acho, also complained about its parking system, which he said required residents to pay Rp 200,000 (US$15) a month for parking access to only the basement of the complex, while it supposedly costed Rp 3,000 per hour to park anywhere else.
“My suggestion is be more careful when purchasing a unit at the Green Pramuka City apartments. I don’t want you to regret it because I do," Muhadkly said in the blog post.
Eight months after the post was published, Danang Surya Winata, the lawyer of PT Duta Paramindo Sejahtera – the apartment’s developer – reported Muhadkly to the police on defamation charges under Article 27 of the Electronic and Transactions (ITE) Law, which carries a maximum sentence of 6 years' imprisonment, as well as Article 310 and Article 311 of the Criminal Code, which carries a maximum sentence of 1 year in prison and 4 months in prison, respectively.
The Jakarta Police cybercrime unit questioned Muhadkly on April 27 and named him a suspect on June 9. (wnd/wit)
- Barack Obama returns to the political arena
- Survey finds Jakarta among world’s worst for women
- Marinda airport in Raja Ampat set to become international airport
- More drug dealers to be shot dead: BNN chief
- Across Asia, liver cancer is linked to herbal remedies: Study
- Airline, bank reach for the sky with e-money
- EDITORIAL: Jokowi grows on the job
- Preventing osteoporosis: How to boost bone health
- North Jakarta group cancels Alexis Hotel protest
- Philippines to reject EU aid: Duterte