Corpse found floating in North Jakarta river
The Jakarta Post
An unidentified body was found floating in the river Sunter II in North Jakarta on Monday.
“The corpse was found by a cleaner. The deceased was floating in the river face down,” North Jakarta Police spokesperson Comr. Sungkono said in a press statement.
The body was found at 8:45 a.m.
Sungkono said police had not found any wound on the corpse and were currently trying to identify the man and determine the cause of death.
Sungkono added the corpse had been sent to the Cipto Mangunkusumo General Hospital for an autopsy. (fac)
- Trump's trip to Europe: Top five highlights
- Microsoft urges regulation of face-recognizing tech
- Densus 88 shoot dead three alleged terrorists in Yogyakarta
- Learning from France’s multiculturalism, World Cup run
- Saudi woman could be jailed for hugging pop star
- Indonesia among world’s less stressed countries
- Third coalition at stake after Muhaimin's maneuver
- Local residents slaughter 292 crocodiles in Sorong farm
- Tokyo’s reign as world’s largest city fades
- Airbus near blockbuster $23 billion jet sale to AirAsia