Suspected terrorist arrested in Banten
The Jakarta Post
The National Police’s Densus 88 counterterrorism squad arrested a suspected terrorist identified as SP at the Graha Raya Bintaro housing complex in Serpong Utara, South Tangerang, Banten, on Friday morning, just as he was set to take his child to school.
National Police spokesperson Sr. Com. Martinus Sitompul said SP was allegedly involved in dispatching Indonesian citizens to join the Islamic State (IS) militant group in the Philippines and Syria.
“SP raised funds for the departure of a number of people travelling to the Philippines and Syria,” Martinus said as quoted by kompas.com, adding that SP would be further interrogated at the National Police’s Mobile Brigade (Brimob) headquarters in Kelapa Dua, Depok, West Java.
Personnel from Densus 88 also brought along SP’s wife and child to Brimob headquarters for questioning.
Some Densus 88 personnel searched his house and seized evidence such as SP’s cell phone and documents. (vny)
- Jakarta’s floods claim life of toddler
- Singapore Airlines and SilkAir to roll out new airfare pricing
- Three drug dealers sentenced to death in Riau
- Telkom to add more Wi-Fi corners in tourist destinations
- PGI refuses to celebrate Christmas at Monas
- 12 parties selected to enter factual verification process
- Ministries hand over voter data to KPU
- Pertamina committed to developing new and renewable energy
- Ken Pattern: A tribute to tree of life
- EDITORIAL: Guardians of morality