Suspected terrorist arrested in Banten
The Jakarta Post
The National Police’s Densus 88 counterterrorism squad arrested a suspected terrorist identified as SP at the Graha Raya Bintaro housing complex in Serpong Utara, South Tangerang, Banten, on Friday morning, just as he was set to take his child to school.
National Police spokesperson Sr. Com. Martinus Sitompul said SP was allegedly involved in dispatching Indonesian citizens to join the Islamic State (IS) militant group in the Philippines and Syria.
“SP raised funds for the departure of a number of people travelling to the Philippines and Syria,” Martinus said as quoted by kompas.com, adding that SP would be further interrogated at the National Police’s Mobile Brigade (Brimob) headquarters in Kelapa Dua, Depok, West Java.
Personnel from Densus 88 also brought along SP’s wife and child to Brimob headquarters for questioning.
Some Densus 88 personnel searched his house and seized evidence such as SP’s cell phone and documents. (vny)
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- China seizes 156 mammoth tusks in huge ivory haul
- S.Korean court hands former president Park another 8 years in jail
- 'Mass casualty incident' after Missouri tourist boat capsizes
- Former Hong Kong leader jailed again for misconduct
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- Who is TGB, Jokowi’s strongest ally against sectarianism?