Suspected terrorist arrested in Banten
The Jakarta Post
The National Police’s Densus 88 counterterrorism squad arrested a suspected terrorist identified as SP at the Graha Raya Bintaro housing complex in Serpong Utara, South Tangerang, Banten, on Friday morning, just as he was set to take his child to school.
National Police spokesperson Sr. Com. Martinus Sitompul said SP was allegedly involved in dispatching Indonesian citizens to join the Islamic State (IS) militant group in the Philippines and Syria.
“SP raised funds for the departure of a number of people travelling to the Philippines and Syria,” Martinus said as quoted by kompas.com, adding that SP would be further interrogated at the National Police’s Mobile Brigade (Brimob) headquarters in Kelapa Dua, Depok, West Java.
Personnel from Densus 88 also brought along SP’s wife and child to Brimob headquarters for questioning.
Some Densus 88 personnel searched his house and seized evidence such as SP’s cell phone and documents. (vny)
- Anies wants FPI to improve its image
- Tourist boat capsizes in Thousand Islands
- Sports ministers of Indonesia, Malaysia settle flag incident
- RI awaits official KL apology on SEA Games 'flag incident’: Sports minister
- Ministry to prioritize infrastructure in four sectors in 2018
- Korean national named suspect in fatal car crash
- Apple under pressure to dazzle as market slows
- Indonesian Achievements Festival to recognize 72 'Icons'
- Bekasi bird shop owner suspected of avian flu infection
- Lake Toba to host Lake Toba Charm Carnival 2017