Coal-fired plants place financial burden on PLN
Fedina S. Sundaryani
The Jakarta Post
State-owned electricity company PLN and consumers will be exposed to significant risk of paying for power that is not needed, wasting billions of dollars, if PLN insists on pushing ahead with its plans to expand coal-fired power plants in the Java-Bali system.
A recent report published by US-based Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis (IEEFA), revealed that the planned long...
- Barack Obama returns to the political arena
- Marinda airport in Raja Ampat set to become international airport
- Survey finds Jakarta among world’s worst for women
- Government to crack down on fake supporters of Pancasila
- Across Asia, liver cancer is linked to herbal remedies: Study
- Preventing osteoporosis: How to boost bone health
- EDITORIAL: Jokowi grows on the job
- More drug dealers to be shot dead: BNN chief
- International Al Azhar conference promotes moderate Islam, tolerance
- Airline, bank reach for the sky with e-money