Do our children lack reading habits?
The myth that has always been fervently rearticulated regarding the plummeting rate of children’s literacy skill is children’s lack of reading habits. Poor reading habits among children, as has been suggested, is a resulting effect of the unequal rate of development across the nation (The Jakarta Post, July 29).
While it is true that children residing in far-flung and underdeveloped re...
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Jakpost guide to Pasar Modern Bintaro
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- This is why you’re sweating during sleep
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- 5.4 magnitude quake hits Solok, kills one