Man arrested for alleged link to Kampung Melayu attack
The Jakarta Post
A man identified as Dadang Gunawan was arrested by the National Police's Detachment 88 anti-terror squad on Saturday for his alleged involvement in the recent Kampung Melayu attack that killed three police officers.
The 34 year-old man, who is also known as Odong and by his alias Zamzam, was arrested at his home at the Panorama housing complex in Sumedang, West Java at around 7 a.m., Bandung Police chief Sr. Comr. Yusri Yunus said.
"He was member of the JAD [Jamaah Anshar Daulah] terror group's Bandung branch, and had joined a taklim [Islamic gathering] on May 19 before the Kampung Melayu attack," Yusri said.
However, Yusri did not reveal details about Dadang’s alleged role in the twin suicide bombings at the Kampung Melayu bus terminal in East Jakarta on May 24.
Besides Dadang Gunawan, three men have previously been arrested for their alleged roles in the attack, including a man, identified as MA, alias AN, who led the meeting with the two suicide bombers. MA was arrested in Cileunyi Wetan village in West Java's capital of Bandung on June 6. (yon/ipa)
- Three former presidents join Jokowi to celebrate Independence Day
- Jokowi praises Jakarta for Semanggi interchange
- SEA Games: Indonesia beats Philippines 3-0
- Dangdut singer partners with Tourism Ministry to launch new cake brand
- UGM tops RI university ranking
- Jokowi inaugurates new Semanggi overpass on Independence Day
- SBY attends ceremony at State Palace
- Ten-year-old India rape victim gives birth to baby girl
- China gets tough on long, odd company names
- Eleven teens suspected in prostitution ring