Man arrested for alleged link to Kampung Melayu attack
The Jakarta Post
A man identified as Dadang Gunawan was arrested by the National Police's Detachment 88 anti-terror squad on Saturday for his alleged involvement in the recent Kampung Melayu attack that killed three police officers.
The 34 year-old man, who is also known as Odong and by his alias Zamzam, was arrested at his home at the Panorama housing complex in Sumedang, West Java at around 7 a.m., Bandung Police chief Sr. Comr. Yusri Yunus said.
"He was member of the JAD [Jamaah Anshar Daulah] terror group's Bandung branch, and had joined a taklim [Islamic gathering] on May 19 before the Kampung Melayu attack," Yusri said.
However, Yusri did not reveal details about Dadang’s alleged role in the twin suicide bombings at the Kampung Melayu bus terminal in East Jakarta on May 24.
Besides Dadang Gunawan, three men have previously been arrested for their alleged roles in the attack, including a man, identified as MA, alias AN, who led the meeting with the two suicide bombers. MA was arrested in Cileunyi Wetan village in West Java's capital of Bandung on June 6. (yon/ipa)
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Jakpost guide to Pasar Modern Bintaro
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- This is why you’re sweating during sleep
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- 5.4 magnitude quake hits Solok, kills one