National scene: KPK arrests Bakamla official for graft
The Jakarta Post
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) arrested on Friday Maritime Security Board (Bakamla) official Nofel Hasan for his alleged involvement in a graft case surrounding the board’s project to procure a satellite monitoring system.
“He will be detained for 20 days at Guntur detention center,” KPK spokesman Febri Diansyah told reporters at the agency’s headquarters.
- Let them eat quinoa: Malaysian PM mocked for being out of touch
- Study to challenge claim Indonesia second-biggest marine polluter
- BREAKING: PDI-P officially endorses Jokowi for 2019 presidential election
- Booking.com reveals most affordable months to travel
- Katy Perry: Her vibes on Jakarta's energy
- Anies remains tight-lipped after being reported to police
- Two injured in Louisiana university shooting
- Turkey navy 'threatens force' against Italy drillship: Cyprus
- In one tweet, Kylie Jenner wiped out $1.3 billion of Snap’s market value
- Kaum Jakarta named capital's restaurant of the year