National scene: KPK arrests Bakamla official for graft
The Jakarta Post
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) arrested on Friday Maritime Security Board (Bakamla) official Nofel Hasan for his alleged involvement in a graft case surrounding the board’s project to procure a satellite monitoring system.
“He will be detained for 20 days at Guntur detention center,” KPK spokesman Febri Diansyah told reporters at the agency’s headquarters.
- Trump targeted by G-20 as leaders push back on combative tweets
- Indonesian exchange student allegedly raped in Netherlands
- Supreme Court to decide on UK-Scotland Brexit standoff
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Yuval Noah Harari: '21 Lessons' from data, meditation to AI and 'Black Mirror'
- World Bank official drowns at Bali beach
- Indonesia soccer fans damage Asian Games stadium
- Man arrested for 'insulting' Batak people on social media
- Four kids, riding motorbike without helmets, taught valuable lesson by cop
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy