Refugees, asylum seekers rely on generosity to survive
The Jakarta Post
Khonomgul Hakimi, 66, an Afghan woman, sits amid more than a dozen tents set up on a sidewalk in front of the Jakarta Immigration Office detention center in Kalideres, West Jakarta.
She joined her four family members, including her three-year-old grandson, who for the past nine days have resided in the tents. Paying a people-smuggler, Hakimi fled her country with her family to escape the un...
- Only 4 of 6 US-granted F-16s arrive in Indonesia amid engine trouble
- Anies unaware of lunch meeting with mass organizations
- Lazada.co.id to expand warehouses, merchants
- Jakarta Council Speaker urges Anies to focus on work
- No escape: Climate displacement in Indonesia
- Activists slam Jokowi for lip service on human rights cases
- Four arrested over alleged plan to attack police in Riau
- MRT, LRT projects cause floods in Jakarta: Anies
- Bali's rumbling volcano slashes peak Christmas tourist numbers
- Water inundates Cawang underpass, Jakarta council building