Refugees, asylum seekers rely on generosity to survive
The Jakarta Post
Khonomgul Hakimi, 66, an Afghan woman, sits amid more than a dozen tents set up on a sidewalk in front of the Jakarta Immigration Office detention center in Kalideres, West Jakarta.
She joined her four family members, including her three-year-old grandson, who for the past nine days have resided in the tents. Paying a people-smuggler, Hakimi fled her country with her family to escape the un...
- Trump targeted by G-20 as leaders push back on combative tweets
- Indonesian exchange student allegedly raped in Netherlands
- Supreme Court to decide on UK-Scotland Brexit standoff
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Yuval Noah Harari: '21 Lessons' from data, meditation to AI and 'Black Mirror'
- World Bank official drowns at Bali beach
- Indonesia soccer fans damage Asian Games stadium
- Man arrested for 'insulting' Batak people on social media
- Four kids, riding motorbike without helmets, taught valuable lesson by cop
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy