Refugees, asylum seekers rely on generosity to survive
The Jakarta Post
Khonomgul Hakimi, 66, an Afghan woman, sits amid more than a dozen tents set up on a sidewalk in front of the Jakarta Immigration Office detention center in Kalideres, West Jakarta.
She joined her four family members, including her three-year-old grandson, who for the past nine days have resided in the tents. Paying a people-smuggler, Hakimi fled her country with her family to escape the un...
- Barack Obama returns to the political arena
- Marinda airport in Raja Ampat set to become international airport
- Survey finds Jakarta among world’s worst for women
- Government to crack down on fake supporters of Pancasila
- Across Asia, liver cancer is linked to herbal remedies: Study
- Preventing osteoporosis: How to boost bone health
- EDITORIAL: Jokowi grows on the job
- More drug dealers to be shot dead: BNN chief
- International Al Azhar conference promotes moderate Islam, tolerance
- Airline, bank reach for the sky with e-money