Tanjung Panjang nature reserve on brink of destruction
Syamsul Huda M. Suhari
The Jakarta Post
The influx of newcomers to Pohuwato regency, Gorontalo, has led to the conversion of swathes of land, which threaten a renowned nature reserve in the area.
Located in Randangan district, Pohuwato, the Tanjung Panjang Nature Reserve has suffered biodiversity loss and ecosystem damage as thousands of hectares of its mangrove forests have been converted into fish and shrimp ponds.
- Anies wants FPI to improve its image
- Tourist boat capsizes in Thousand Islands
- Sports ministers of Indonesia, Malaysia settle flag incident
- RI awaits official KL apology on SEA Games 'flag incident’: Sports minister
- Ministry to prioritize infrastructure in four sectors in 2018
- Korean national named suspect in fatal car crash
- Apple under pressure to dazzle as market slows
- Indonesian Achievements Festival to recognize 72 'Icons'
- Bekasi bird shop owner suspected of avian flu infection
- Lake Toba to host Lake Toba Charm Carnival 2017