Tanjung Panjang nature reserve on brink of destruction
Syamsul Huda M. Suhari
The Jakarta Post
The influx of newcomers to Pohuwato regency, Gorontalo, has led to the conversion of swathes of land, which threaten a renowned nature reserve in the area.
Located in Randangan district, Pohuwato, the Tanjung Panjang Nature Reserve has suffered biodiversity loss and ecosystem damage as thousands of hectares of its mangrove forests have been converted into fish and shrimp ponds.
- Jakarta’s floods claim life of toddler
- Singapore Airlines and SilkAir to roll out new airfare pricing
- Three drug dealers sentenced to death in Riau
- Telkom to add more Wi-Fi corners in tourist destinations
- PGI refuses to celebrate Christmas at Monas
- 12 parties selected to enter factual verification process
- Ministries hand over voter data to KPU
- Pertamina committed to developing new and renewable energy
- Ken Pattern: A tribute to tree of life
- EDITORIAL: Guardians of morality