Jokowi bestows honorary medals for distinguished services
The Jakarta Post
As part of Indonesia’s 72nd Indonesian Independence Day celebration, President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo presented on Tuesday honorary awards to eight figures, three of whom have passed away, for their distinguished service to the country.
The government awarded Bintang Mahaputra Adipradana medals, the highest civilian honor after the Bintang Republik Indonesia medal, to former Supreme Court chief justice Bagir Manan and late Presidential Advisory Board (Wantimpres) member Hasyim Muzadi.
Meanwhile, a Bintang Mahaputra Utama medal was bestowed on former Supreme Court deputy chief justice Marianna Sutadi.
President Jokowi presented a Bintang Jasa Utama medal to former West Kalimantan deputy governor Christiandy Sanjaya, while former General Election Commission (KPU) commissioner Hadar Nafis Gumay received a Bintang Penegak Demokrasi medal.
Three Bintang Budaya Parama Dharma medals were granted to philosopher Soejatmoko and painter Dullah, both of whom have passed away, and Toety Heraty Noerhadi Roosseno, a philologist.
The medal awarding ceremony award was conducted at the State Palace and was attended by Vice President Jusuf Kalla, People's Consultative Assembly (MPR) Speaker Zulkifli Hasan and Regional Representatives Council (DPD) Speaker Oesman Sapta Odang.
Supreme Court Chief Justice Hatta Ali, Constitutional Court Chief Justice Arief Hidayat and several Cabinet ministers were also present. (foy/ebf)
- Japan to offer e-visa to tourists starting April 2020
- Meikarta graft case: KPK searches residence of Lippo Group CEO James Riady
- Arsonist sentenced to 24 years for Texas mosque burning
- Latest list of Michelin stars in Seoul released
- Indonesia’s competitiveness improves, but still well below Singapore, Malaysia
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teen arrested for alleged rape of young earthquake survivor
- Indonesian religious minister denounces LGBT, but calls for people’s empathy
- Rupiah projected at Rp 15,000 per US dollar in 2019 state budget
- BTS renews contract with Big Hit Entertainment