Jokowi bestows honorary medals for distinguished services
The Jakarta Post
As part of Indonesia’s 72nd Indonesian Independence Day celebration, President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo presented on Tuesday honorary awards to eight figures, three of whom have passed away, for their distinguished service to the country.
The government awarded Bintang Mahaputra Adipradana medals, the highest civilian honor after the Bintang Republik Indonesia medal, to former Supreme Court chief justice Bagir Manan and late Presidential Advisory Board (Wantimpres) member Hasyim Muzadi.
Meanwhile, a Bintang Mahaputra Utama medal was bestowed on former Supreme Court deputy chief justice Marianna Sutadi.
President Jokowi presented a Bintang Jasa Utama medal to former West Kalimantan deputy governor Christiandy Sanjaya, while former General Election Commission (KPU) commissioner Hadar Nafis Gumay received a Bintang Penegak Demokrasi medal.
Three Bintang Budaya Parama Dharma medals were granted to philosopher Soejatmoko and painter Dullah, both of whom have passed away, and Toety Heraty Noerhadi Roosseno, a philologist.
The medal awarding ceremony award was conducted at the State Palace and was attended by Vice President Jusuf Kalla, People's Consultative Assembly (MPR) Speaker Zulkifli Hasan and Regional Representatives Council (DPD) Speaker Oesman Sapta Odang.
Supreme Court Chief Justice Hatta Ali, Constitutional Court Chief Justice Arief Hidayat and several Cabinet ministers were also present. (foy/ebf)
- EDITORIAL: Politics in Pertamina shakeup
- Danareksa eyes Rp 500 billion AUM from new ETF product
- Education ministry cancels anti-LGBT event
- Setya Novanto e-ID graft case timeline
- Don't panic, minister says as rupiah weakens
- Man dies of exhaustion on South Jakarta road
- Chiang Mai woman’s tattoo is ‘practical magic’
- Child beggar coordinators arrested in Depok
- Big secrets, bumper box-office for 'Avengers: Infinity War'
- Maria Simorangkir crowned Indonesian Idol 2018