Jokowi bestows honorary medals for distinguished services
The Jakarta Post
As part of Indonesia’s 72nd Indonesian Independence Day celebration, President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo presented on Tuesday honorary awards to eight figures, three of whom have passed away, for their distinguished service to the country.
The government awarded Bintang Mahaputra Adipradana medals, the highest civilian honor after the Bintang Republik Indonesia medal, to former Supreme Court chief justice Bagir Manan and late Presidential Advisory Board (Wantimpres) member Hasyim Muzadi.
Meanwhile, a Bintang Mahaputra Utama medal was bestowed on former Supreme Court deputy chief justice Marianna Sutadi.
President Jokowi presented a Bintang Jasa Utama medal to former West Kalimantan deputy governor Christiandy Sanjaya, while former General Election Commission (KPU) commissioner Hadar Nafis Gumay received a Bintang Penegak Demokrasi medal.
Three Bintang Budaya Parama Dharma medals were granted to philosopher Soejatmoko and painter Dullah, both of whom have passed away, and Toety Heraty Noerhadi Roosseno, a philologist.
The medal awarding ceremony award was conducted at the State Palace and was attended by Vice President Jusuf Kalla, People's Consultative Assembly (MPR) Speaker Zulkifli Hasan and Regional Representatives Council (DPD) Speaker Oesman Sapta Odang.
Supreme Court Chief Justice Hatta Ali, Constitutional Court Chief Justice Arief Hidayat and several Cabinet ministers were also present. (foy/ebf)
- Local residents slaughter 292 crocodiles in Sorong farm
- Indonesia among world’s less stressed countries
- Third coalition at stake after Muhaimin's maneuver
- Trump's trip to Europe: Top five highlights
- Densus 88 shoot dead three alleged terrorists in Yogyakarta
- Government oversells PT Freeport Indonesia agreement
- Saudi woman could be jailed for hugging pop star
- Medan Zoo welcomes birth of two Bengal tiger cubs
- KPK raids PLN president director's house in Jakarta
- Emirati prince flees to Qatar, criticizes Abu Dhabi: report