Boy drowns after saving little brother
The Jakarta Post
A 12-year-old boy drowned after saving the life of his 7-year-old brother, who fell into the Bekasi River in West Java on Thursday at 4 p.m.
North Bekasi Police chief Comr. Suroto said the two young boys were playing near the river before the incident happened. When playing, the younger brother, who could not swim, fell into the river and was helped by his older brother, who did not make it back to the riverbank.
“According to the information we received, the two children were playing near the river before the incident. One of the kids was said to be unable to swim,” Suroto said as quoted by kompas.com on Friday, adding that local residents found the body after one hour of searching.
The two boys were rushed to a Bekasi hospital, where the older boy was pronounced dead on arrival. (vny)
- Surfer severely mauled by shark in Australia
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Hummingbirds thrive at innovative Mexico gardens
- They played dead on the ground: Survivor recounts OPM massacre
- Prabowo answers all your burning questions in his little blue book
- Women accuse famous Brazil spiritual 'healer' of sex abuse
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- Garuda Indonesia takes passengers on trip to 1980s
- Why do we feel sleepy after eating a meal?