Online fake branded bag seller arrested in South Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
South Jakarta Police have named MA as a suspect of online fraud in which she offered branded bags on a WhatsApp socialite group.
“She joined a socialite group and offered them Hermes bags at a price of Rp 117 million (US$ 8,761) and would deliver the bag with a down payment of Rp 40 million,” said South Jakarta Police’s criminal investigation department head Adj. Sr. Comr. Bismo Teguh Prakoso, during a press conference on Thursday.
Based on the earlier investigation, it was found that MA was invited to the socialite chat group by one of the members. She then promoted her products by posting pictures of branded bags.
One victim was interested and they continued to have a private conversation until the victim agreed to transfer the down payment money.
However MA never delivered the bag. Jakarta Police received the report and arrested MA on Sunday who happened to have a café in East Jakarta.
Police kept a cell phone, Rp 3.1 million in cash, a bank account book and an ATM card as evidence. The perpetrator was a single actor and had just one victim.
MA is set to be charged under article 378 of the Criminal Code (KUHP) and the Electronic Information and Transactions (ITE) Law and faces a maximum of four years' imprisonment. (dra)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Real Crazy Rich Asian wedding to cost $100 million
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- 21 tons of trash flows into Jakarta Bay daily: Researcher
- Indonesia launches One Map Policy to resolve land conflicts
- Wika announces development contracts in 10 countries
- Shopee BLACKPINK commercial too salacious, KPI says