Online orangutan trade uncovered
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM The growing number of social media users has apparently prompted others to conduct illegal wildlife trade on social media, with the latest case coming to the surface just two days after International Orangutan Day last week. On Monday, West Kalimantan forest rangers and police arrested a suspect, identified only as TAR, on suspicion of selling two baby orangutans on Instagram. The 19-year-old s...
You might also like :
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Trump hits China with tariffs on another $200b in goods
- Florence death toll jumps to 31 as flooding wreaks havoc
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Prosecutors call for Jambi rape victim to be punished to deter abortion
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- Indonesia must improve its e-government