City plans bicycle lane on Jl. Sudirman
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Governor Djarot Saiful Hidayat said that the sidewalk along Jl. Sudirman, from the Hotel Indonesia traffic circle to the Bendungan Hilir area in Central Jakarta, will be given a bicycle lane.
“This sidewalk will be wider. So one lane will be used as a bicycle lane,” said Djarot at the City Hall.
Tents for street vendors can also be set up on the sidewalk, but the tents will only be allowed there in the evening, and should be taken dawn before dawn.
“In some spots, stalls can be built for young people to have somewhere to hang out. But they should not be permanent,” said Djarot as quoted by kompas.com.
Djarot also confirmed that the sidewalk expansion project along Jl. Sudirman will begin in October 2017.
The project is going to use the leftover budget from the Simpang Susun Semanggi project, which came from additional floor area ratio compensation from developer PT Mitra Panca Persada. (syl)
- Yogyakarta Indonesian Association Amusement Parks and Recreation meets with GenPI Yogyakarta
- Nine airports prepared in anticipation of Mt. Agung eruption
- ASEAN endorses East Sea code proposal
- Mt. Agung's magma moves upward
- Mt. Agung eruption could be imminent: Agency
- Two Vietnamese fishermen dead in Philippine navy chase
- Jokowi to visit Mt. Agung evacuees
- 39 countries to attend Asia-Europe transportation minister meeting
- Nearly 50,000 flee amid fears of Mt. Agung eruption
- EDITORIAL: Making corrupt leaders pay