City plans bicycle lane on Jl. Sudirman
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Governor Djarot Saiful Hidayat said that the sidewalk along Jl. Sudirman, from the Hotel Indonesia traffic circle to the Bendungan Hilir area in Central Jakarta, will be given a bicycle lane.
“This sidewalk will be wider. So one lane will be used as a bicycle lane,” said Djarot at the City Hall.
Tents for street vendors can also be set up on the sidewalk, but the tents will only be allowed there in the evening, and should be taken dawn before dawn.
“In some spots, stalls can be built for young people to have somewhere to hang out. But they should not be permanent,” said Djarot as quoted by kompas.com.
Djarot also confirmed that the sidewalk expansion project along Jl. Sudirman will begin in October 2017.
The project is going to use the leftover budget from the Simpang Susun Semanggi project, which came from additional floor area ratio compensation from developer PT Mitra Panca Persada. (syl)
- Indonesia to regulate domestic coal price to curb electricity costs
- Agnez Mo’s ‘Vogue US’ magazine is out
- Farmers use organic farming to reduce dependence on imported pesticides, fertilizers
- Government halts all elevated projects
- Jakarta to receive two MRT trains in March
- Government to set new coal price formula next week
- Indonesia to hand over 2m ha of forest land to locals: Minister
- Jakarta-Bandung high speed train fares may reach Rp 500,000
- Could the Swedish trend of ‘plogging’ help you get fit in 2018?
- 3 factories on Bekasi riverbank do not have permit to dispose of liquid waste