Grave of alleged e-cigarette thief to be dismantled: Police
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Police plans to exhume the grave of alleged electronic cigarette thief Abi Qowi Suparto, who was reportedly beaten to death by a group of men last month, for an autopsy.
“We will dismantle the victim’s grave for further investigation,” director of the General Crime Investigative Unit Sr. Comr. Nico Afinta said on Sunday as quoted by kompas.com.
Based on information from five alleged perpetrators in the case, namely Fachmi Kurnia Firmansyah, Adiyta Putra Wiyanto, Rajasa Sri Herlambang, Armyando Azmir and another identified only as PH, Qowi was beaten using an iron rod.
There are seven alleged perpetrators in the case. The other two persons are yet to be found.
The seven suspects will be charged under Article 170 of the Criminal Code (KUHP) on attacking and injuring others and Article 340 of the KUHP on premeditated murder, which carries the death penalty.
Abi had been accused of stealing an e-cigarette worth Rp 1.6 million (US$122) from Rumah Tua Vape (Old Vape House) store in Tebet, South Jakarta. After he allegedly left the store without paying for the e-cigarette, the owner of the store uploaded a picture of Abi on the store’s instagram account and declared a manhunt for him.
Abi was found on Aug. 28 and taken to another vape store in Pejompongan, Central Jakarta, where he was brutally beaten by seven people. One of the alleged assailants took Abi to a hospital, but his life could not be saved. Abi died on Sept. 3 at Tarakan Hospital in Central Jakarta. (vny)
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Tourism's fatal warning
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia lists 180 missing on doomed ferry, launches underwater search
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- Indonesia takes a bite out of food waste one wedding at a time
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Taliban kill 30 soldiers in first major attack since ceasefire, governor says
- Commentary: Another side of the elderly: You reap what you sow