Police arrest housewife linked to Saracen
The Jakarta Post
The National Police’s cybercrime division recently arrested a housewife in connection with Saracen, an online outfit accused of creating and spreading hoaxes and hate speech for money, National Police spokesperson Insp.Gen. Setyo Wasisto said on Monday.
The suspect, identified as Asma Dewi, was arrested in South Jakarta on Friday. She had allegedly uploaded hoaxes and hate speeches on her Facebook account, Setyo said.
“Police investigators received information that she had transferred Rp 75 million [US$5,700] to NS,” he said as quoted by kompas.com. Setyo was referring to a Saracen member.
However, the police have yet to determine whether Dewi was an active Saracen member or a client. The transaction was recorded in the bank account with the note "payment for Saracen."
“We are investigating what her role is,” Setyo said.
Read also: Police probe Saracen funding
He went on to say that the arrest was the result of coordination between the police and the Financial Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre (PPATK).
The police have asked the PPATK to help investigate 14 bank accounts allegedly related to the Saracen. (foy/bbs)
- Farmers use organic farming to reduce dependence on imported pesticides, fertilizers
- Indonesia to regulate domestic coal price to curb electricity costs
- Agnez Mo’s ‘Vogue US’ magazine is out
- Porsche Centre Jakarta: The best place to take care of your luxury cars
- Government halts all elevated projects
- Organic farmers use natural seedling 'pots for higher yields
- Jakarta to receive two MRT trains in March
- Indonesia to hand over 2m ha of forest land to locals: Minister
- Could the Swedish trend of ‘plogging’ help you get fit in 2018?
- Depok on alert after latest diphtheria casualty