Court postpones Setya's pretrial hearing
The Jakarta Post
The South Jakarta District Court postponed on Tuesday the pretrial hearing requested by House of Representatives Speaker Setya Novanto that challenges his suspect status declared by the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) in the e-ID case.
Cepi Iskandar, the sole judge presiding over the hearing, postponed the hearing due to a delay from the KPK, which said it needed more time to prepare the necessary documents.
“The hearing is adjourned until Sep. 20," Cepi said.
(Read also: House doctors to examine Setya Novanto)
Setya's lawyer, Ketut Mulya Arsana, was tight-lipped on the postponement, only saying that his team would “follow the procedures and wait until Wednesday”.
On Monday, KPK spokeswoman Yuyuk Andriati Iskak said the antigraft body was ready to attend the pretrial hearing.
Setya and his lawyers submitted a pretrial hearing request against the antigraft body with the South Jakarta District Court last Monday.
The KPK named Setya a suspect on July 17. The commission accuses him of playing a role in a scheme to swindle funds earmarked for the e-ID project. (ebf)
- BI, government team up to control inflation
- Indonesia seeks immediate return of two fishermen released by Abu Sayyaf
- ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal’ actor Jun Tae-soo dies
- US Defense Secretary Mattis holds meeting with Retno
- Trial resumes of Kim Jong-Nam murder suspects
- 'Angkot' drivers protest Tanah Abang street closure
- Pence set for warm Israeli welcome, Palestinian snub
- City plans to build permanent bridges in South Jakarta
- Volcano rains ash on Philippines as experts warn of violent eruption
- Jakarta Composite Index hits 6,500 on Monday