Court postpones Setya's pretrial hearing
The Jakarta Post
The South Jakarta District Court postponed on Tuesday the pretrial hearing requested by House of Representatives Speaker Setya Novanto that challenges his suspect status declared by the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) in the e-ID case.
Cepi Iskandar, the sole judge presiding over the hearing, postponed the hearing due to a delay from the KPK, which said it needed more time to prepare the necessary documents.
“The hearing is adjourned until Sep. 20," Cepi said.
(Read also: House doctors to examine Setya Novanto)
Setya's lawyer, Ketut Mulya Arsana, was tight-lipped on the postponement, only saying that his team would “follow the procedures and wait until Wednesday”.
On Monday, KPK spokeswoman Yuyuk Andriati Iskak said the antigraft body was ready to attend the pretrial hearing.
Setya and his lawyers submitted a pretrial hearing request against the antigraft body with the South Jakarta District Court last Monday.
The KPK named Setya a suspect on July 17. The commission accuses him of playing a role in a scheme to swindle funds earmarked for the e-ID project. (ebf)
- Soekarno-Hatta Airport to implement cashless transactions for parking
- Popular tourist sites in Bali safe amid tremors around Mount Agung
- Entrepreneur wants to put Indonesia on the world technology map
- 'Super malaria' spreading through SE Asia, poses global threat
- Bill Gates expresses regret over ‘Control+Alt+Delete’ button
- Court dismisses KPK’s objection in Setya’s pretrial hearing
- Tourism minister officiates new diving center in Tanjung Lesung
- Car Free Day ineffective in reducing air pollution: Committee
- Violence cases against women, children in Jambi increased: Official
- Supermodel reunion at blockbuster Versace tribute in Milan