Reclamation islets’ property tax set at low value
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta administration has set the taxable value of property (NJOP) of Jakarta Bay’s reclamation islets C and D at Rp 3.1 million [US$234.8] per square meter.
The Jakarta Financial Management Body (BPAD) has called on the city’s Tax and Levy Board (BPRD) to appraise the property tax value of islets C and D.
However, BPRD could not appraise a special object which was still under construction and, hence, had asked an independent appraiser to do so, said BPRD head Edi Sumantri.
Such appraising authority is stipulated in Law No. 28/2009 on regional taxation and levies, in addition to Jakarta Bylaw No. 16/ 2011 on land and building tax in rural and urban areas.
"After the first NJOP appraisal, we will determine the islets’ further NJOP in the coming years [after those are used],” said Edi as quoted by kompas.com on Tuesday.
Separately, Jakarta Governor Djarot Saiful Hidayat said the low NJOP values were because the islets had yet to be constructed.
"When they are built with buildings, the values will be different. The current values are too cheap,” he said.
Based on the observations of The Jakarta Post, some buildings, which appear to be shop houses have already been built on islet D.
Djarot further said that the values were based on the independent measure of the appraiser and not because of a request from the developer of islet C and D, PT Kapuk Naga Indah.
"We cannot be dictated to by developers," he added. (agn)
- Popular tourist sites in Bali safe amid tremors around Mount Agung
- Entrepreneur wants to put Indonesia on the world technology map
- 'Super malaria' spreading through SE Asia, poses global threat
- Bill Gates expresses regret over ‘Control+Alt+Delete’ button
- Court dismisses KPK’s objection in Setya’s pretrial hearing
- Mamma Mia! British star Colin Firth is now Italian
- Tourism minister officiates new diving center in Tanjung Lesung
- Car Free Day ineffective in reducing air pollution: Committee
- Travel fair to boost Garuda’s business
- Supermodel reunion at blockbuster Versace tribute in Milan