Agency to close railway gate near ITC Roxy
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Transportation Agency will permanently close a railway gate near ITC Roxy on Jl. Hasyim Ashari in Gambir, Central Jakarta, on Oct. 20.
Through a banner put up on the flyover near the gate, the agency informs people that a trial closure will be conducted from Sept. 28 to Oct. 12.
Central Jakarta Transportation Agency head Harlem Simanjuntak said the banner had been put up since September to spread the information.
"We put it up days ahead in order to inform the public effectively," he said as quoted by kompas.com.
Harlem also said the closure was necessary to comply with Law No. 23/2007 on railways and Law No. 22/2008 on traffic affairs. The railway is located under the Roxy Mas overpass.
"If there is a railway and an overpass in the one spot, then the railway should be closed for the sake of road users' safety," he said. (ecn/wit)
- Yogyakarta Indonesian Association Amusement Parks and Recreation meets with GenPI Yogyakarta
- Nine airports prepared in anticipation of Mt. Agung eruption
- ASEAN endorses East Sea code proposal
- Mt. Agung's magma moves upward
- Mt. Agung eruption could be imminent: Agency
- Two Vietnamese fishermen dead in Philippine navy chase
- Jokowi to visit Mt. Agung evacuees
- 39 countries to attend Asia-Europe transportation minister meeting
- Nearly 50,000 flee amid fears of Mt. Agung eruption
- EDITORIAL: Making corrupt leaders pay