Agency to close railway gate near ITC Roxy
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Transportation Agency will permanently close a railway gate near ITC Roxy on Jl. Hasyim Ashari in Gambir, Central Jakarta, on Oct. 20.
Through a banner put up on the flyover near the gate, the agency informs people that a trial closure will be conducted from Sept. 28 to Oct. 12.
Central Jakarta Transportation Agency head Harlem Simanjuntak said the banner had been put up since September to spread the information.
"We put it up days ahead in order to inform the public effectively," he said as quoted by kompas.com.
Harlem also said the closure was necessary to comply with Law No. 23/2007 on railways and Law No. 22/2008 on traffic affairs. The railway is located under the Roxy Mas overpass.
"If there is a railway and an overpass in the one spot, then the railway should be closed for the sake of road users' safety," he said. (ecn/wit)
- Indonesia to regulate domestic coal price to curb electricity costs
- Agnez Mo’s ‘Vogue US’ magazine is out
- Farmers use organic farming to reduce dependence on imported pesticides, fertilizers
- Government halts all elevated projects
- Jakarta to receive two MRT trains in March
- Government to set new coal price formula next week
- Indonesia to hand over 2m ha of forest land to locals: Minister
- Jakarta-Bandung high speed train fares may reach Rp 500,000
- Could the Swedish trend of ‘plogging’ help you get fit in 2018?
- 3 factories on Bekasi riverbank do not have permit to dispose of liquid waste