Grobogan Police shoot dead double-murder suspect
The Jakarta Post
The police in Grobogan, Central Java, have shot dead a man who allegedly murdered a couple in Purbalingga, Central Java, more than 500 kilometers from their home in Bendungan Hilir, Central Jakarta.
The suspect has been identified as AZ.
Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono said on Wednesday that the police also arrested two other suspects who allegedly worked with AZ to execute a robbery plot that ended in the murder of Husni Zarkasih and Zakiah Husni.
The two other suspects are EK and SU.
"The suspect AZ tried to escape so we took resolute action,” Argo said as quoted by kompas.com.
The police officers investigating the case suspect that the couple, who ran a textile business in Central Jakarta, were the victims of robbery.
Separately, Tanah Abang Police chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Lukman Cahyono, who handled the initial investigation into the case, said the primary suspect in the murder case was the former driver for the couple.
"We believe the suspect was their former driver," Lukman said as quoted by kompas.com.
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Pair of Japanese premium melons sell for record $29,300
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Out of South Africa, reminiscing the indelible Eden
- Prisoners evacuated from flooded Pekalongan Penitentiary
- Police shut down illegal gold mines in Riau
- Dutch, Australia say Russia behind downing MH17
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China