Grobogan Police shoot dead double-murder suspect
The Jakarta Post
The police in Grobogan, Central Java, have shot dead a man who allegedly murdered a couple in Purbalingga, Central Java, more than 500 kilometers from their home in Bendungan Hilir, Central Jakarta.
The suspect has been identified as AZ.
Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono said on Wednesday that the police also arrested two other suspects who allegedly worked with AZ to execute a robbery plot that ended in the murder of Husni Zarkasih and Zakiah Husni.
The two other suspects are EK and SU.
"The suspect AZ tried to escape so we took resolute action,” Argo said as quoted by kompas.com.
The police officers investigating the case suspect that the couple, who ran a textile business in Central Jakarta, were the victims of robbery.
Separately, Tanah Abang Police chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Lukman Cahyono, who handled the initial investigation into the case, said the primary suspect in the murder case was the former driver for the couple.
"We believe the suspect was their former driver," Lukman said as quoted by kompas.com.
- Official turns mute about flourishing prostitution in his area
- Nearly 50,000 flee amid fears of Mt. Agung eruption
- Yogyakarta Indonesian Association Amusement Parks and Recreation meets with GenPI Yogyakarta
- Jokowi to visit Mt. Agung evacuees
- Nine airports prepared in anticipation of Mt. Agung eruption
- Mt. Agung's magma moves upward
- Mt. Agung eruption could be imminent: Agency
- Two Vietnamese fishermen dead in Philippine navy chase
- ASEAN endorses East Sea code proposal
- British actor Fiennes given Serbian passport