Grobogan Police shoot dead double-murder suspect
The Jakarta Post
The police in Grobogan, Central Java, have shot dead a man who allegedly murdered a couple in Purbalingga, Central Java, more than 500 kilometers from their home in Bendungan Hilir, Central Jakarta.
The suspect has been identified as AZ.
Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono said on Wednesday that the police also arrested two other suspects who allegedly worked with AZ to execute a robbery plot that ended in the murder of Husni Zarkasih and Zakiah Husni.
The two other suspects are EK and SU.
"The suspect AZ tried to escape so we took resolute action,” Argo said as quoted by kompas.com.
The police officers investigating the case suspect that the couple, who ran a textile business in Central Jakarta, were the victims of robbery.
Separately, Tanah Abang Police chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Lukman Cahyono, who handled the initial investigation into the case, said the primary suspect in the murder case was the former driver for the couple.
"We believe the suspect was their former driver," Lukman said as quoted by kompas.com.
- Uber, Grab to adjust with new decree
- Indonesia expects to pass data protection bill in 2018
- President Jokowi purchases custom motorcycle, boosts local businesses
- BI investigates use of bitcoin in Bali
- Ed Sheeran announces engagement
- Several Ukrainians among 18 dead in Taliban attack on Kabul hotel
- Sundance debuts dark tale of triplets split at birth
- Man shot dead in night club's parking lot in Bogor
- Fashion brand celebrates third anniversary by cleaning Baduy tribal areas
- Two dead, seven injured in Prague hotel fire