Djarot bids farewell on behalf of three governors
Ivany Atina Arbi
The Jakarta Post
In a speech that marked the end of a roller-coaster tenure that saw the rise and fall of three governors, Djarot Saiful Hidayat spoke on behalf of more individuals than himself at the City Council on Wednesday.
The Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle (PDI-P) politician was indeed the last man standing after a turbulent five-year reign of the party’s politicians in Jakarta.
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Unattended suitcase causes security alert in Batam
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Women paid more than men for same job in Indonesia: Global survey
- FamilyMart to allow Airbnb users to pick up keys at its stores
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- No more Qlue as Jakarta administration introduces BERiDE
- Another phreatic eruption reported at Mt. Merapi