Djarot bids farewell on behalf of three governors
Ivany Atina Arbi
The Jakarta Post
In a speech that marked the end of a roller-coaster tenure that saw the rise and fall of three governors, Djarot Saiful Hidayat spoke on behalf of more individuals than himself at the City Council on Wednesday.
The Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle (PDI-P) politician was indeed the last man standing after a turbulent five-year reign of the party’s politicians in Jakarta.
- Soekarno-Hatta Airport to implement cashless transactions for parking
- Popular tourist sites in Bali safe amid tremors around Mount Agung
- Entrepreneur wants to put Indonesia on the world technology map
- 'Super malaria' spreading through SE Asia, poses global threat
- Bill Gates expresses regret over ‘Control+Alt+Delete’ button
- Court dismisses KPK’s objection in Setya’s pretrial hearing
- Tourism minister officiates new diving center in Tanjung Lesung
- Car Free Day ineffective in reducing air pollution: Committee
- Violence cases against women, children in Jambi increased: Official
- Supermodel reunion at blockbuster Versace tribute in Milan