Djarot bids farewell on behalf of three governors
Ivany Atina Arbi
The Jakarta Post
In a speech that marked the end of a roller-coaster tenure that saw the rise and fall of three governors, Djarot Saiful Hidayat spoke on behalf of more individuals than himself at the City Council on Wednesday.
The Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle (PDI-P) politician was indeed the last man standing after a turbulent five-year reign of the party’s politicians in Jakarta.
- PLN has signed contracts for power plants to generate 31,000 MW
- Anies, Sandiaga leave town
- Journalist named suspect over traffic accident involving Setya Novanto
- 'Despacito' sweeps Latin Grammys -- and heads to Asia
- Hundreds of residents escorted out of besieged Papuan villages
- Jokowi orders Setya to obey law
- Album Review: 'Reputation' by Taylor Swift
- Jakarta least tolerant city in Indonesia: human rights group
- Minister gives taxpayers another chance to declare hidden wealth
- Pertamina says fuel prices need to be increased