Economy in brief: Talks on redenomination bill postponed
The Jakarta Post
Bank Indonesia’s (BI) hopes of lawmakers deliberating the redenomination bill this year have been dashed.
A House of Representatives plenary session on Wednesday approved six bills to be put in the revised National Legislation Program (Prolegnas) for this year, including bills on water resources and customary land rights.
“The government is not yet willing [to propose the redenom...
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- Planning to travel this Ramadhan? Try these Muslim
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Dugong sellers thwarted in West Sulawesi
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross
- Pair of Japanese premium melons sell for record $29,300
- Japan keeps word, gifts Akita dog to Russian skater Zagitova
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher