Ex-Mandiri banker nabs top job at Inalum
The Jakarta Post
State-owned aluminum producer PT Indonesia Asahan Aluminium (Inalum) has officially welcomed the former president director of state lender Bank Mandiri, Budi Gunadi Sadikin, as its new president director.
The news was confirmed by former Inalum president director Winardi. He said Budi, who previously served as a special staffmember for State-Owned Enterprises Minister Rini Soemarno, had taken over his job.
"[The position] of president director has been handed over to Budi Gunadi," he told the press on Thursday.
Winardi said he would begin a new position as management director at state fertilizer holding company PT Pupuk Indonesia.
"I'm sure he [Budi] will do better," Winardi said.
Inalum is said to be a holding company for mining firms under the government’s restructuring plan.Read also: Restructuring of major state firms in motion
Inalum may be mandated to take a majority stake in gold and copper miner PT Freeport Indonesia, a subsidiary of United States-based mining giant Freeport McMoRan, by 2019 at the latest. (gda)
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Tourism's fatal warning
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia lists 180 missing on doomed ferry, launches underwater search
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- Indonesia takes a bite out of food waste one wedding at a time
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Taliban kill 30 soldiers in first major attack since ceasefire, governor says
- Commentary: Another side of the elderly: You reap what you sow