Ex-Mandiri banker nabs top job at Inalum
The Jakarta Post
State-owned aluminum producer PT Indonesia Asahan Aluminium (Inalum) has officially welcomed the former president director of state lender Bank Mandiri, Budi Gunadi Sadikin, as its new president director.
The news was confirmed by former Inalum president director Winardi. He said Budi, who previously served as a special staffmember for State-Owned Enterprises Minister Rini Soemarno, had taken over his job.
"[The position] of president director has been handed over to Budi Gunadi," he told the press on Thursday.
Winardi said he would begin a new position as management director at state fertilizer holding company PT Pupuk Indonesia.
"I'm sure he [Budi] will do better," Winardi said.
Inalum is said to be a holding company for mining firms under the government’s restructuring plan.Read also: Restructuring of major state firms in motion
Inalum may be mandated to take a majority stake in gold and copper miner PT Freeport Indonesia, a subsidiary of United States-based mining giant Freeport McMoRan, by 2019 at the latest. (gda)
- Yogyakarta Indonesian Association Amusement Parks and Recreation meets with GenPI Yogyakarta
- Mt. Agung eruption could be imminent: Agency
- Nine airports prepared in anticipation of Mt. Agung eruption
- ASEAN endorses East Sea code proposal
- Mt. Agung's magma moves upward
- Two Vietnamese fishermen dead in Philippine navy chase
- Jokowi to visit Mt. Agung evacuees
- Nearly 50,000 flee amid fears of Mt. Agung eruption
- 39 countries to attend Asia-Europe transportation minister meeting
- EDITORIAL: Making corrupt leaders pay