Ex-Mandiri banker nabs top job at Inalum
The Jakarta Post
State-owned aluminum producer PT Indonesia Asahan Aluminium (Inalum) has officially welcomed the former president director of state lender Bank Mandiri, Budi Gunadi Sadikin, as its new president director.
The news was confirmed by former Inalum president director Winardi. He said Budi, who previously served as a special staffmember for State-Owned Enterprises Minister Rini Soemarno, had taken over his job.
"[The position] of president director has been handed over to Budi Gunadi," he told the press on Thursday.
Winardi said he would begin a new position as management director at state fertilizer holding company PT Pupuk Indonesia.
"I'm sure he [Budi] will do better," Winardi said.
Inalum is said to be a holding company for mining firms under the government’s restructuring plan.Read also: Restructuring of major state firms in motion
Inalum may be mandated to take a majority stake in gold and copper miner PT Freeport Indonesia, a subsidiary of United States-based mining giant Freeport McMoRan, by 2019 at the latest. (gda)
- Farmers use organic farming to reduce dependence on imported pesticides, fertilizers
- Indonesia to regulate domestic coal price to curb electricity costs
- Agnez Mo’s ‘Vogue US’ magazine is out
- Porsche Centre Jakarta: The best place to take care of your luxury cars
- Government halts all elevated projects
- Organic farmers use natural seedling 'pots for higher yields
- Jakarta to receive two MRT trains in March
- Indonesia to hand over 2m ha of forest land to locals: Minister
- Could the Swedish trend of ‘plogging’ help you get fit in 2018?
- Depok on alert after latest diphtheria casualty