Island focus: Drug dealer sentenced to death
The Jakarta Post
The Medan District Court declared Irwantoni, 38, guilty and sentenced him to death for his involvement in the delivery of 270 kilograms of sabu-sabu (crystal methamphetamine) from China.
The sentence was in accordance with what prosecutors sought.
In the verdict hearing held on Wednesday, presiding judge Saryana said Irwantoni was proven to have sent the drugs from China to Dumai, Ri...
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- Planning to travel this Ramadhan? Try these Muslim
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Dugong sellers thwarted in West Sulawesi
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross
- Pair of Japanese premium melons sell for record $29,300
- Japan keeps word, gifts Akita dog to Russian skater Zagitova
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher