Jakarta administration urges City Council to deliberate reclamation bills
The Jakarta Post
Following the government’s move to lift the moratorium for islets C and D, the Jakarta administration has urged the City Council to deliberate reclamation bills to allow developers to continue the construction of the islets.
The council halted deliberations of the two bills concerning the Northern Jakarta Strategic Area Spatial Plan (RTRKS) and the Zoning Plan and Coastal Northern Territory (RZWP3K) in April last year.
The decision was made following the arrest of city councillor Mohamad Sanusi for allegedly accepting a bribe from PT Agung Podomoro Land (APL), one of the developers of the reclamation projects.
Jakarta Development Planning Board head Tuty Kusumawati said the council had no reason to halt the reclamation projects.
“The RZWP3K had been discussed. The City Council only needs to hold a plenary meeting [to deliberate it]. Meanwhile, for the RTRKS, we only need to discuss one section, which is about the contribution,” Tuty said as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
The administration demands 15 percent added profit sharing contribution from the developers, the provision of which was rejected by the council.
Tuty said the agency was waiting for the Environment and Forestry Ministry to issue a letter stating the official moratorium lift.
Meanwhile, the council’s deputy speaker, M. Taufik, brother of the arrested Sanusi, said the council had not planned to continue deliberating the bills “due to some considerations,” he said. (cal)
- Jakarta to give Rp 1.6 trillion to mass organizations, religious institutions
- Several villages hit by volcanic ash after Mt. Agung erupts in Bali
- Singapore's Mt. Agung travel advisory `excessive': BNPB
- Shoppers go on buying binge at Matahari store in West Jakarta
- Bandung man arrested for insulting Jokowi, Iriana on Facebook
- Jakarta’s working visit budget skyrockets
- Court finds Czech 'femme fatale' guilty in spy scandal
- Government should turn attention to human resources development
- Setya sends letter to House, asks not to remove him as speaker
- ‘Rurouni Kenshin’ creator arrested for possession of child pornography