Jakarta to buy 67 vehicles for Asian Games
The Jakarta Post
In preparation for the 2018 Asian Games, the Jakarta Transportation Agency plans to procure 67 cars and motorcycles to serve participants at the event.
Jakarta Transportation Agency head Andri Yansyah said the agency had allocated Rp 35 billion (US$2.64 million) to procure the vehicles.
The vehicles will be used to escort athletes from hotels to the venues so they can arrive at the events on time, Andri said.
There are at least four venues and 71 hotels prepared for athletes in the city.
“The athletes will have lots of activities. Therefore, we will buy 67 new vehicles to escort them,” Andri said on Wednesday as quoted by beritajakarta.com. (cal)
- Yogyakarta Indonesian Association Amusement Parks and Recreation meets with GenPI Yogyakarta
- Official turns mute about flourishing prostitution in his area
- Mt. Agung's magma moves upward
- Nine airports prepared in anticipation of Mt. Agung eruption
- ASEAN endorses East Sea code proposal
- Mt. Agung eruption could be imminent: Agency
- Two Vietnamese fishermen dead in Philippine navy chase
- Jokowi to visit Mt. Agung evacuees
- Nearly 50,000 flee amid fears of Mt. Agung eruption
- EDITORIAL: Making corrupt leaders pay