National scene: Aid to Rohingya refugees dispatched
The Jakarta Post
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo dispatched on Wednesday aid to Rohingya refugees displaced from their homes in Myanmar and seeking refuge in Bangladesh.
The first batch of aid, which includes tents, rice, sugar and sanitary supplies, will be transported by four Hercules aircraft operated by the Indonesian Military.
After taking off from the Halim Perdanakusumah airbase in East Jak...
- PLN has signed contracts for power plants to generate 31,000 MW
- Anies, Sandiaga leave town
- 'Despacito' sweeps Latin Grammys -- and heads to Asia
- Journalist named suspect over traffic accident involving Setya Novanto
- Hundreds of residents escorted out of besieged Papuan villages
- Jokowi orders Setya to obey law
- Album Review: 'Reputation' by Taylor Swift
- Jakarta least tolerant city in Indonesia: human rights group
- Victoria's Secret gala hits snag in China as model pulls out
- Pertamina says fuel prices need to be increased