National scene: Jokowi gathers clerics on education
The Jakarta Post
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo invited 40 Muslim clerics from Central Java to the State Palace on Wednesday to disseminate his newly issued character-building education program.
“God willing, this is a big task, both for clerics and for the government,” Jokowi told the clerics, as quoted by Antara.
Signed last week, Presidential Regulation No. 87/2017 stipulates a number of g...
- EDITORIAL: Right to passports
- Indonesia set to operate 13 railway projects this year
- 'Angkot' drivers protest Tanah Abang street closure
- Facebook says social media not always healthy for democracy
- Cosby performs for first time since assault charge
- BI, government team up to control inflation
- US Defense Secretary Mattis holds meeting with Retno
- EDITORIAL: Threat to Indonesian press
- ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal’ actor Jun Tae-soo dies
- Indonesia seeks immediate return of two fishermen released by Abu Sayyaf