PTFI contract extension depends on deals
Rachmadea Aisyah and Rendi A. Witular
The Jakarta Post
Ignasius Jonan (JP/Dhoni Setiawan)After recently sealing a framework agreement with Freeport McMoRan (FCX) to determine its future operations in the country, the Indonesian government is set to wage another round of battle with the politically wired United States mining giant.
The Energy and Mineral Resources Ministry had led what local pundits paraded as a political victory when FCX agree...
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Pair of Japanese premium melons sell for record $29,300
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Out of South Africa, reminiscing the indelible Eden
- Prisoners evacuated from flooded Pekalongan Penitentiary
- Police shut down illegal gold mines in Riau
- Dutch, Australia say Russia behind downing MH17
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China