Tangerang to establish 65 'e-warung'
The Jakarta Post
Tangerang has allocated Rp 1.9 billion (US$140,855) for establishing 65 e-warung (electronic stores) to provide affordable staple foods for low-income families.
Even though they were prioritized for poor families, other citizens could also shop at the stores, which are spread across 13 districts, because they sell groceries at low prices, said Tangerang Social Agency head of the social empowerment division Juweni.
"Ideally, we should have 104 e-warung in Tangerang," Juweni said on Tuesday.
The e-warung program, which was initiated by the Social Affairs Ministry last year, distributes social assistance through an electronic system.
Juweni said her agency would establish seven new e-warung this year.
"We will see which locations really need e-warung. We want the program to be distributed equally," she said as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
She further said her agency would invest more in the program to support each store so that they stay in business. (rdi)
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Saudis detain women's advocates ahead of driving ban lift
- Homes in East Lombok attacked, Ahmadis take refuge at police HQ
- Boy who could not wait for new phone burns down family's house
- Cuba confirms 110 killed in country's deadliest plane crash since 1989
- After 20 years, tough road ahead
- UGM launches app to help you help disaster victims