Tangerang to establish 65 'e-warung'
The Jakarta Post
Tangerang has allocated Rp 1.9 billion (US$140,855) for establishing 65 e-warung (electronic stores) to provide affordable staple foods for low-income families.
Even though they were prioritized for poor families, other citizens could also shop at the stores, which are spread across 13 districts, because they sell groceries at low prices, said Tangerang Social Agency head of the social empowerment division Juweni.
"Ideally, we should have 104 e-warung in Tangerang," Juweni said on Tuesday.
The e-warung program, which was initiated by the Social Affairs Ministry last year, distributes social assistance through an electronic system.
Juweni said her agency would establish seven new e-warung this year.
"We will see which locations really need e-warung. We want the program to be distributed equally," she said as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
She further said her agency would invest more in the program to support each store so that they stay in business. (rdi)
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- Women accused of assassinating Kim Jong Nam face key court ruling
- What’s in store for final installment of BTS ‘Love Yourself’ saga
- 'Monster Hunter' on hold as China hits pause on new video games
- Coal production at 37.11 percent of full-year target
- Remote China glacial lake bursts, no casualties
- Indonesian academics can now access e-journal databases worth $1m for free
- Indonesia considers reducing imports of 500 consumer goods
- Venezuelan general, colonel arrested over 'attack' on Maduro