City Hall revamped to welcome new leaders
The Jakarta Post
City Hall has been undergoing a revamp for several days to welcome Jakarta governor-elect Anies Baswedan and his deputy Sandiaga Uno next week.
Among the repair work is the painting of the façade of the 20-meter tall building, where scaffolding has been installed to help workers carry out the work.
Jakarta General Affairs Bureau head Firmansyah affirmed on Thursday that the repair work was to welcome the new leaders of the city administration.
“We are repairing the wall, the paint of which was peeling and cracked,” Firmansyah said at City Hall as reported by kompas.com.
He added that the wallpaper of governor’s office was also being replaced and the fountain pool in the front of the compound was being drained.
President Joko Widodo is scheduled to inaugurate Anies and Sandiaga on Oct. 16. (vny)
- Tonnes of garbage cleaned up from Galapagos coast
- Turkish-led forces in control of Syria's Afrin city
- French language eyes 'le comeback' as Britain leaves Europe
- Indian airports stretched as passengers reach new heights
- Facebook suspends Trump election data firm for policy breach
- Putin on track for commanding win as Russians head to polls
- Fake Prince Albert 'cons Monte Carlo high-flyers'
- Kevin and Marcus reach thriller All England final