City Hall revamped to welcome new leaders
The Jakarta Post
City Hall has been undergoing a revamp for several days to welcome Jakarta governor-elect Anies Baswedan and his deputy Sandiaga Uno next week.
Among the repair work is the painting of the façade of the 20-meter tall building, where scaffolding has been installed to help workers carry out the work.
Jakarta General Affairs Bureau head Firmansyah affirmed on Thursday that the repair work was to welcome the new leaders of the city administration.
“We are repairing the wall, the paint of which was peeling and cracked,” Firmansyah said at City Hall as reported by kompas.com.
He added that the wallpaper of governor’s office was also being replaced and the fountain pool in the front of the compound was being drained.
President Joko Widodo is scheduled to inaugurate Anies and Sandiaga on Oct. 16. (vny)
- Indonesian magician The Sacred Riana is crowned winner of Asia's Got Talent Season 2
- In first, SpaceX launches recycled rocket and spaceship
- Yogyakarta airport developers warned not to ‘steal’ people’s land
- 2 killed, 7 injured in Java quake: Agency
- Foundation documents culinary heritage via smartphone app
- Police arrest doctor for alleged hate speech against TNI chief
- Jakarta transportation operators to rejuvenate fleets
- H&M says to close more stores as customers go online
- Saudi women will also be allowed to drive motorcycles
- Oil and gas lifting to fall slightly short of target