City Hall revamped to welcome new leaders
The Jakarta Post
City Hall has been undergoing a revamp for several days to welcome Jakarta governor-elect Anies Baswedan and his deputy Sandiaga Uno next week.
Among the repair work is the painting of the façade of the 20-meter tall building, where scaffolding has been installed to help workers carry out the work.
Jakarta General Affairs Bureau head Firmansyah affirmed on Thursday that the repair work was to welcome the new leaders of the city administration.
“We are repairing the wall, the paint of which was peeling and cracked,” Firmansyah said at City Hall as reported by kompas.com.
He added that the wallpaper of governor’s office was also being replaced and the fountain pool in the front of the compound was being drained.
President Joko Widodo is scheduled to inaugurate Anies and Sandiaga on Oct. 16. (vny)
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Jakpost guide to Pasar Modern Bintaro
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- This is why you’re sweating during sleep
- One dead, suspect surrenders after US supermarket hostage drama
- Four kids, riding motorbike without helmets, taught valuable lesson by cop
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India