Despite uncertainty, group applauds water verdict
The Jakarta Post
For Halimah, a resident of Rawa Badak in Koja district, North Jakarta, the Supreme Court’s ruling to roll back water privatization is a sweet gift for her birthday this Sunday.
After a three-year legal battle, the court has ruled in favor of a citizen’s lawsuit petitioned by the Coalition of Jakarta Residents Opposing Water Privatization (KMMSAJ), which demanded a repeal of the contract...
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- US Navy planning new camps to support immigration crackdown: Report
- Suspected terrorist shot dead in Pamanukan for resisting arrest
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Cuba to get ready for same sex marriage: Castro daughter
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- Civilian appointed as temporary N. Sumatra governor