Island focus: Jambi villagers kill sun bear
The Jakarta Post
A sun bear was killed in a village in Kerinci regency, Jambi, on Wednesday after residents panicked upon seeing a wild animal in their settlement.
The sun bear died in Tebing Tinggi village from a wound to the abdomen that was caused by a spear.
“The bear entered a house,” Kerinci Police chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Dwi Mulyanto said on Thursday. “One of the villagers was carrying a sp...
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- US Navy planning new camps to support immigration crackdown: Report
- Suspected terrorist shot dead in Pamanukan for resisting arrest
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Cuba to get ready for same sex marriage: Castro daughter
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- Civilian appointed as temporary N. Sumatra governor